The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've alsways though the best colors for a Jag were BRG and biscuit leather interior. Purple and biscuit looks like S***.
The other issue of course being that an Elise is not a Jag. IMO leather is too slippery for a car whose prime attribute is handling. I don't want to be sliding back and forth.

Steve

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Derek said:
Are you saying that picture is biscuit? If so I'm not sure I would want it.
2002 Elise Brochure doesn't mention
Biscuit but the color shown under 'trim
leather' in the 'Sports Tourer Pack' that
is listed as 'Stone' looks identical to the
color shown on the Auburgine (Purple)
car in the photo.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sownman said:
I've alsways though the best colors for a Jag were BRG and biscuit leather interior. Purple and biscuit looks like S***.
The other issue of course being that an Elise is not a Jag. IMO leather is too slippery for a car whose prime attribute is handling. I don't want to be sliding back and forth.

Steve
Amen. Cloth is, IMO, the only way to go for a performance car.

·
Registered
302 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
You guys are silly. As if there is anywhere to slide around inside the Elise.
Do you ever see race seats in anything but cloth? I haven't. And it's not because they're cheap. There really is a big difference.

Jeff

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I noticed a big difference on the amount sliding my seat and lumbars do on leather vs cloth. It'd be great if they offered an upgraded cloth option ala GT cloth of the VW of old which used to have aluminum thread (I think) mixed in with the cloth.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
babak said:
I noticed a big difference on the amount sliding my seat and lumbars do on leather vs cloth. It'd be great if they offered an upgraded cloth option ala GT cloth of the VW of old which used to have aluminum thread (I think) mixed in with the cloth.
You can always get them recovered.:D

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
My nether regions or the seat? :D
Seats perhaps, but the other is beyond hope I'm affraid, it's been out of warranty for some time now.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Tripledigits said:
Do you ever see race seats in anything but cloth? I haven't. And it's not because they're cheap. There really is a big difference.

Jeff
There definitely is a difference, but unfortunately it seems we may be screwed either way as I have heard (I forgot who said it) that the base seats are leather inside, cloth outside... which would have us seated on leather anyway.

My fingers are crossed hoping this is not the case.

·
Registered
296 Posts
transio said:
I said it :)
Have you seen pics of the seats in this configuration? Conventional wisdom would have fabric centers with leather on the high traffic/scuffing areas. If it is how you say I would question, why?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
L8BRAKR said:
Have you seen pics of the seats in this configuration? Conventional wisdom would have fabric centers with leather on the high traffic/scuffing areas. If it is how you say I would question, why?
I just went by my dealer to go through the color ordering guide. The base seats have a leather inner section (pretty large area) and a fabric outer perimeter and the whole head section is cloth. The guide shows all colors except the lifestyle and a couple of the other upcharge colors.

The doors are body colored on the upper portion and lower with an 18-22" section colored to match the fabric or leather of the seats.

The touring package has netting on what appears to be the footwell against the fender and behind the seats for maps and other thin items.

The Rimstock wheels are much different than the BBS-type Omega. They have very thin spokes with the twin spokes being very close together. They look alright and quite "racy" but I think I like the st. 8 spokers better.

The black leather seats look really good and remind me of the old Countach seats (Deep grainy leather w/ white or light stiching).

The $39,985 price had an * by it saying "To be confirmed" or something to that effect next to it- a bit concerning.

The dash is not pictured, but the sill speakers and the head unit were shown. All in all, viewing it left me with as many questions as I had before seeing it.

Those are a couple things that stood out to me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts