·
Registered
299 Posts
how tall are you?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 6'5" - just this side of abnormal. ;)

I have more pics in the first link I posted. I have even more at home - damn deadlines keeping me at work at all hours. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
forgot that I brought a CD to work me so I could oogle while the computer number crunches... here's a couple that have a little of the black seats - nothing as detailed as the red.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Nice photos, Brian. But if that's you in the second picture, then someone else must be taking the shots?

At first, I thought you were standing next to the mini-Lotus model car! :D

Michael

P.S. I'm only 5'8" and used to be jealous of tall people, but not after getting in and out of the Elises at the show.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
BRG/Biscuit is a great combo, I'm thinking that's going to be my pick unless I see a COM and fall in lust with that, but I'm uncomfortable ordering such a radical color without seeing it first.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Brian, getting in and out of the car with
the top on, especially the h-top, looks
like an unbelievable chore......especially
if a medium sized female were to try it.
Makes me think about the gull-wing from
Autostyle-Solutions even more!

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ridgemanron said:
Brian, getting in and out of the car with
the top on, especially the h-top, looks
like an unbelievable chore......especially
if a medium sized female were to try it.
Makes me think about the gull-wing from
Autostyle-Solutions even more!
I promise you, it's more of a chore for a gargantuan sized male. You will definitely need to brush up on your stretching before attempting ingress or egress. I think I smacked every single body part on the way in while the top was on.

practice makes perfect. ;)

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
5'4"-5'5" here, and I can say that I didn't have much trouble entering/exiting a euro spec car ;)

In other words, midgets will be ok.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I am 5"10 and I had one hard time getting in and out of a Euro 111S on a recent trip to Australia. I can only imagine how hard it will be for anyone over 6 ft. to get in and out of these cars. All I can say is " May the Force be with You" cause your going to need all the help you can get.

Sorry I was just being honest. These are by no means easy cars to get in and out of especially if your a big guy.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Most of the folks on this list haven't really driven an Elise let alone long distances.

On my recent trip to Australia a buddy of mine and myself drove a Euro spec 111S from Melbourne to Philip Island Race track.We acquired this car from my friend who works for Lotus Cars Australia. Our drive was a little over 2 hours each way. I am 5"10 and my buddy is 6"2. We were both totally cramped sitting in this car. I am not kidding you. Again I am only giving my personal experience with the Elise. I personally am buying one as a 3rd vehicle and it will be pretty much be a toy/ track car.
Again this is just my personaly experience with one. I am certain we will all enjoy this car in our own way. It is a wounderfull little car.

Best Wishes to all,
Mitch

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
hermanslotus said:
I am 5"10 and I had one hard time getting in and out of a Euro 111S on a recent trip to Australia. I can only imagine how hard it will be for anyone over 6 ft. to get in and out of these cars. All I can say is " May the Force be with You" cause your going to need all the help you can get.

Sorry I was just being honest. These are by no means easy cars to get in and out of especially if your a big guy.
I respectfully disagree. I'm 6'1" 185 and I got into and out of one 111s' with the top in place probably 5 or 6 times and another w/o the top close to 10 times (the dealership got a bit tired of me showing up toward the end) and it got exponentially easier each time I did it. I got about what I expected with the car as far as entry/exit and I think it is part of the whole experience anyway.

It's something you should enjoy IMO.

Edit- At least we will have an easier time getting into/out of our cars than McLaren owners. Maybe a direct proportion exists in perfomance cars between difficulty of entrance and driving enjoyment?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts