The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I've been looking forward to placing my order, but at #42, it'll be a while. I was wondering if those of you that have placed your order already could tell me if you have an option of a different leather color besides black for a base model. I don't want to get the Touring Package, but I do want buiscuit leather. Can you fill me in?

Barry

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, a couple reasons....

1. Power windows. In my Elan, I had to get those fixed 3 times, and each time it was about $700.

2. The upgraded stereo. Does anybody really care about having an MP3 option through CD's? Not I, and thats the only real advantage of the new stereo. The other specs are the same.

The other options, I do like. I'll probably get a 3rd party carpet. The stowage net is nice too. In my Elan, there was a map slot, which I used all the time.

Barry

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I dunno, from the sounds of it I think you'd be happy with the touring pack. most reports say that the crank windows rattle like crazy, and I kind of think that Lotus has gotten the hang of power windows now much better than before.

The carpet is really well integrated in the touring pack--the pics of it I had seem left me unimpressed, but seeing it in person in LA convinced me that the Touring Pack was a great option.

Add this to the fact that you really want biscuit interior, and I'd say the Touring Pack is for you!

And yes--LOTS of folks like the fact that the upgraded stereo plays mp3s!

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
BarryB said:
2. The upgraded stereo. Does anybody really care about having an MP3 option through CD's? Not I, and thats the only real advantage of the new stereo.

Barry
Not long ago, I would also have scoffed at that option. However, my son first got into ripping CDs (legally) to play on his computer while working on it. Then, he started transferring the MP3s to CDs. How many tracks you can get on a CD depends on the quality parameters, but he maintained a level of quality that I couldn't discern from the original and got something like 100 - 150 songs on a single CD.

I know every CD that I've purchased has a few songs that I really like, a few that I really don't and some I can live with or without. By ripping them to an MP3 CD, I can get the tracks I really like (and only those tracks) from 20 - 30 CDs onto a single MP3 CD.

Great for those cross-country trips in the Elise. :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not for me, I use the iPod. I've got my entire collection of 850 CD's on it. I could care less about having the option of playing mp3 cd's as I'd never use it, instead, I'd be using the iPod to play through the radio, or the aux input.

Barry

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
BarryB said:
Not for me, I use the iPod. I've got my entire collection of 850 CD's on it. I could care less about having the option of playing mp3 cd's as I'd never use it, instead, I'd be using the iPod to play through the radio, or the aux input.

Barry
I believe the upgraded head unit has an aux in, where the base unit does not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts