The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an S2 Elise last Feb it had one previous owner who had ordered it with a few extras including some black LSS wheels which I believe were originally for the Exige. I have being doing some searching on the Internet but just wondered if anyone on here knew a bit more about them. What type of metal are they made from and how was the black finish applied? Also what other finshes were they available in.**I do know they are a pain to clean although I do like the look of them. Sorry if I am being a thick not knowing much about them!! Thanks ;)

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
I bought an S2 Elise last Feb it had one previous owner who had ordered it with a few extras including some black LSS wheels which I believe were originally for the Exige. I have being doing some searching on the Internet but just wondered if anyone on here knew a bit more about them. What type of metal are they made from and how was the black finish applied? Also what other finshes were they available in.**I do know they are a pain to clean although I do like the look of them. Sorry if I am being a thick not knowing much about them!! Thanks ;)
Forged aluminum alloy of some sort. No clue about the black finish.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I think the finish is a basic semi-flat black, most likely a lo-temp powdercoat, nothing really unique. The wheel itself is forged, or so Lotus claims.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
They were originally offered on the sport package version of the Elise, but came standard on the Exige. Fronts weight about 13lbs, while the rears weigh about 16lbs. They only came in two finishes - silver and black.

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
You could try wheel wax. It is supposedly made especially for wheels and their temps as opposed to regular wax which softens with heat and allows dirt to stick. I have a set of black LSS sitting ready to be put on the car. I have put two coats of this stuff on and in 3 months they are clean and look like new!

·
Older but getting faster
523 Posts
I will gladly trade you straight across my beautiful shiny silver standard Lotus wheels for your difficult to clean black LSS wheels.

I'll even pay the shipping.

Both ways.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will gladly trade you straight across my beautiful shiny silver standard Lotus wheels for your difficult to clean black LSS wheels.

I'll even pay the shipping.

Both ways.
:D

Na I really do like my black LSS wheels;) Thanks for the offer though:UK:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts