The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! I'm hoping to join the Lotus family this year. I'm looking for a black or red Evora or Elise to drive up and down the coast this summer. Would any of you recommend a dealership or private sale? I noticed there are a lot of older models (early 2000's available.) Are these cars reliable or should I look into newer models (2014 on?). Thank you for your advice!

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Hi Everyone! I'm hoping to join the Lotus family this year. I'm looking for a black or red Evora or Elise to drive up and down the coast this summer. Would any of you recommend a dealership or private sale? I noticed there are a lot of older models (early 2000's available.) Are these cars reliable or should I look into newer models (2014 on?). Thank you for your advice!
:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I have a lightly modified starlight black '06 available in San Diego. Owned for 5 years. Message me for details.

I have bought many used sports cars and exotics from dealers and private parties. Personally, I buy the car based on what I want over who is selling it. These are quite reliable cars, starting in 2005, if you read through the forums there are very few issues. In 5 years of ownership of the car above, the only issues have been: thermostat stuck open and headliner falling.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2012 Evora IPS for sale, having owned both Evora and Exige I will say that if you are going to me going on long drives the Evora is much more comfortable and practical having more interior space, smoother ride, and realistic storage space for travel bags.

Contact me if you are interested.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
They are different cars with different characteristics. Get to drive each. If recalls were done to the Elise/Exige models they are great fun cars but they are raw in the sense of creature comforts. The Evora is much better at that. Realize that these vehicles are getting up in age and no matter the maintenance certain things will fail due to time. Door pulls, plastic interior pieces, suspension bushings etc. Even the 1980's 911's are selling for big bucks but still need some love. The black car looks to have much love put into it. This forum is very respectable and although there may be some 99% of us know our cars intimately and you should feel safe with the sellers. Not selling mine! Tommy

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
In spite of well maintained black cars looking sexy as hell, I think the small stature of the car requires a color a little more attention gathering. So for me it would be red, yellow, or (my favorite) chrome orange. As far as who to buy from, this could go wither way. I do think private party is going to get you a car from somebody that loved it as much as you're going to love it, but on the flippity may also be asking for a premium on the price because of the conversion of sentimental to monetary value. Car dealers are 2 step above whale chit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts