The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was changing from summer to winter tires I noticed something that was loose. It was a black plastic tube. Attached to it was a white plastic sticker that was no longer sticky.

There appears to be nothing inside the tube.

Does anyone know what this part is?

I had the brake fluid flushed two months ago at the dealer. Could it be related to that?

The view in the first picture is from the passenger side with the front wheel removed. In the second picture I have added a black plastic tie just to keep the tube from rattling around.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine has this and I posted the exact same type picture/question in my thread:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/my-looooooong-diy-week-mods-maintenance-more-120013/

I figured it may be the drain for the a/c.
Now I remember your thread. I wrote at that time:

"What an impressive list. Hopefully I won't need to do any of that to my car but I enjoyed seeing all the pictures. May come in handy in the future."

And now it has come in handy. I do see the same tube in one of your pictures.

I'm happy to see that this tube exists on other cars. I was a bit worried because the tube:

1) Looks like an after-thought
2) Had nothing it in
3) Was loose and flopping around

·
Wow Such Admin
6,945 Posts
Now I remember your thread. I wrote at that time:

"What an impressive list. Hopefully I won't need to do any of that to my car but I enjoyed seeing all the pictures. May come in handy in the future."

And now it has come in handy. I do see the same tube in one of your pictures.

I'm happy to see that this tube exists on other cars. I was a bit worried because the tube:

1) Looks like an after-thought
2) Had nothing it in
3) Was loose and flopping around
I've done alot more, I need to add to the thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts