The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. My wife bought her dream car. 2020 yellow GT. We have had it for 3 days now. The cup tires kick up so much gravel it's crazy. Had the same tires on my z06/z07 and it did the same thing. On the Evora below the doors are the black shirt on both sides. This gravel is gashing it up; chips and .5 to 1 inch scratches. What have others done to protect this area? Wrap? And for the chips a scratches, what is the paint code for this black? It looks like a satin black. Flat black was not a match. I'm thinking of putting on a black satin vinyl and a wrap. Just not sure what to do. Thanks ahead of time for your thoughts and recommendations.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Satin black vinyl wrap should fit nicely. You could also just add PPF on top of the existing paint.

·
Registered
192 Posts
A wrap won't protect as much as PPF, I would go that route for maximum protection. Or as Mr. Dog says, actual side skirts will help tremendously with the exception of the area where the lower A panel scoops inward on the GT cars. They do make ingress and egress more challenging, but with the narrower sills on the 400s and up it wouldn't be too bad.

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,096 Posts
A wrap won't protect as much as PPF, I would go that route for maximum protection. Or as Mr. Dog says, actual side skirts will help tremendously with the exception of the area where the lower A panel scoops inward on the GT cars. They do make ingress and egress more challenging, but with the narrower sills on the 400s and up it wouldn't be too bad.
As stated above, side skirts are probably the best but PPF would be the quickest to get protection on there. I personally like Xpel products. You could put a black wrap and then put the PPF over the top of the wrap. It would hide all existing damage and do a superior job of protecting. The new wraps are actually self-healing which is amazing. You should get a good PPF wrap for at least the front of your car if it did not come with PPF. Great investment.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
When I had what was commonly referred to as "the Black Pack" (black rook/mirrors/side sills/lip) painted on my old girl...they put PPF on that area you mentioned after the job. It's been on there for a few years now and not a scratch in the area. So it holds up very well but I also don't have the 2020's aggressive indent panel either with that much tire exposed kicking up things. But still, after years of service... the PPF has done its job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts