The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went in to the Lotus show room today to finalize the order on a new 2014 Evora S.

Here are some shots of some interesting color combos they special ordered for the Dubai showroom. Three of their cars have black roof/black spoiler combos . . . which looks surprisingly good. The yellow car also has yellow contrast stitching. I don't think that works so well--the yellow thread is too washed out.

They also finally got a standard transmission in, which has Cocoa brown leather with the black contrast stitching. This is a really gorgeous interior which doesn't show well in my iphone pictures. The darkest shot most resembles the actual color. It also has the gear knob from the Sports Racer edition. And they jammed the required fire extinguisher in the passenger footwell. Not sure about the wisdom of that.

I'm told the 2014 N/As have the steel plate on the door sills, the Ss for some inexplicable reason do not.

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And the rest . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
digging the contrast stitching...I would very much like that in my car. Oh well.

It is nice to see they are expanding the a la carte options. Hopefully it never reaches Porsche levels, but some real customization is nice, which we didn't really have at all early on, and it has slowly been improving.

·
Registered
795 Posts
That last picture looks like the Elise shift knob. Do you know if it's the same and if it fits the Evora?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That last picture looks like the Elise shift knob. Do you know if it's the same and if it fits the Evora?
I don't know if it's the same, but it is for the Evora--it is installed on all the Sports Racer edition Evoras.

I ended up going with the Verde Ithaca. I've been flip flopping back and forth . . but decided to go with my first instinct.

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
Thanks for showing us this.

Don't really care for the black wings. Spoils the beautiful continuous flow of the wing with the rest of the body. Maybe it looks better in person.

Same yellow stitching we have in our Evora. I might have preferred more contrast too but it looks good, IMHO.

Yes the only offering for contrasting stitching over here has been red which only works if there is something red to complement. The Italians have long offered much larger stitching that complements the body colors.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
It is the Elise shift knob. think it is from a 2005
I have it on my Evora. $50USD from my lotus garage

IMG_0586.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
The Elise/Exige gearknob and lifter is now used on the manual Evora rather than the original leather one.
Also, the kick plates are no longer used on either the N/A or the S.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
May be the same knob, but I heard the threading or something else about the attachment was different.
This is what I ordered. Was a direct replacement. Maybe a 10 minute install. did not come with the locking screw, but easy to pick up at a hardware store.
Hardest part is getting old knob off

My Lotus Garage

I have a MY2011 Evora N/A

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
I'd like to see that brown with motorsport green, green stitching.

Ok might be awful but I'd like to see it.

·
Illegal Alien
5,262 Posts
Cocoa brown interior is phenomenal. Must be paired with silver or carbon grey for maximum effect.
I think it goes with Burnt Orange too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts