The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to my dealer today about black wheels and he suggested I e-mail Lotus in the UK to express interest in them, which I did...If they responded to requests for LSD, chrome orange and laser blue, maybe if enough people write them they will offer the black wheels....

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
I will paint my rims black if Lotus will not have them as an option. I don't know how much it costs to do that though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
What are the wheels being offered in? Is it the crappy silver or the beautiful gunmetal? I'm willing to at least email them to say "If you're going to limit the wheels to one color and finish, please don't make it the painted silver. You'll embarrass us all. Gunmetal or black would be terrific."

The black wheels look great on saffron, with a little more examination I may even prefer them to gunmetal. I'm not sure whether I'd put them on any of the other colors I'm thinking about.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasn't sure which was the best of these listed addresses from the UK web site so I sent to all 3... If anyone has a better contact please post...

Email Cars ----- carsales @ lotuscars.co.uk
Email Engineering ----- engsales @ lotuscars.co.uk
Email Group ------ group @ lotuscars.co.uk

my e-mail just said the following: ( I still haven't given up on stripes so I included that as well:) )

I am writing to express interest in the following options for the U.S. Elise in hopes you will consider offering them:

standard wheels in BLACK

racing stripe paint option

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think any factory options they can add and charge for at this point will make them additional profit to help offset the diminishing value of the $$$

·
Registered
609 Posts
Black wheels - yummy!

I agree, the black wheels would be a nice factory (not dealer) option. Would work great with Saffron and I think they look good on the Storm Ti in pics I've seen.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree with the call for black as well as the "titanium" grey wheels. Whilst the black wheels may be a bit over the top, the grey ones look smoking with just about every color offered, including CO.
I have sent an email myself and would encourage anyone else interested to do the same.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Interesting I am looking at a brochure from the UK for the MkII Elise and in the Options section it offers: "6 Spoke black road wheels" for UKP 68.09 without VAT tax, UKP 80.00 with VAT.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seems easy enough for them to offer them here too....

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
something like this would be nice...

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts