The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that no-one has pushed for black wheels? They are offered every where else Lotus delivers the elise.......why not the US?

I wouldn't powdercoat due to the dull finish so that isn't an alternative. I do like the stock black that elise offers worldwide and don't want the expense of going aftermarket. I just want Lotus to offer us the black wheels.

I have always wanted this option but have not really seen the issue raised without the thread diverting to alternatives.......so that is not what this thread is for. Any one have the same thoughts?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
For now, you will have to order a separate set of the black wheels from Lotus until they are offered as an option. I think those new black web wheels for the Exige are pretty sharp.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I had black wheels once. Never again!!! What a nightmare to clean. Once they are wet, you can't see the brake dust until they dry again. I would rather spend my Sunday afternoon driving, not washing my wheels over and over.:rolleyes:

Why would you want the O.Z. wheels anyway? Anyone can put those on their Subaru or Honduh. Nobody will have wheels like the factory Lotus. They are gorgeous!

If they offered the standard wheel in the smoke finish, I would go for that.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts