The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get the new blackberry pearl. Since I have a sickness with this site, can someone tell me how LotusTalk looks on it? Can you browse and navigate this site on your phone? TIA.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Its SLOW on my Pearl. I found any forum is very slow on my Pearl.

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
I don't know if any web browsing will be fast on a phone. I browse LotusTalk on my AT&T 8525 all the time and find it functional. ...but nothing like being on a real computer. The 8525 has a Window operating system and is probably rated as pretty good as far as phone-based web activity goes. My daughter has a Blackberry but I'm out of town and can't really test it right now.

- z

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I was reading posts on my iPhone while we were out to dinner tonight. I have a sickness...

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I was reading posts on my iPhone while we were out to dinner tonight. I have a sickness...
The iPhone is probably the best way to surf LotusTalk on a mobile.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Just got the blackberry curve today... liking it so far but im sure the web browsing doesn't compare to the iphone. I don't mind since I didn't get it for surfing the web though

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Iphone only has GPRS unless you happen to be near a WiFi hotspot - Slooooooowww

3G FTW!
Hasn't been a problem for me. The only time I can't find a WiFi signal now is in the car!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
In the works is a custom style that will work much better with a Blackberry and should autosense you are using one. Later though...

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
The iPhone is probably the best way to surf LotusTalk on a mobile.

+1! Only problem I have - and Randy if you see this perhaps you can lend a hand - I sign in on the home page, and if I have PM's, I have to sign in all over again on the PM page. It doesn't recognize the orig. sign in.

Other than that, the browsing, whether WI-FI or not, is pretty fast and with the front page built in LT icon, getting there takes the touch of a single button. :up:

·
Registered
7,002 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
greg i have the pearl. it is very slow! the layout stinks. however if i need something and im in no rush, its worked.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In the works is a custom style that will work much better with a Blackberry and should autosense you are using one. Later though...

Great, I can't wait then. I'm set on the pearl b/c of the size. I can't deal with anything bigger.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Great, I can't wait then. I'm set on the pearl b/c of the size. I can't deal with anything bigger.
+1 otherwise I'd buy 8800 series. And no iPhone since I hate apple.

also, how do you reduce the font size on the Pearl browser? I'm waiting for the 8120 pearl for Tmobile, but I tried LT on my sister's 8100 and the font was too large. (I did try options - font sizing).

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
I phones are trash, jus try typing on one. Get a blackberry world phone. MUCH better than a pearl.
You need to have owned one for at least a few months before saying that. I have had mine for almost 4, and absolutly love its touch keyboard. If I make a mistake, I just continue to the end of the word and it fills it in. Probably what you were doing, was every time you make a mistake, you try and delete to go back, and retype it. Not what your supposed to do.

·
Registered
566 Posts
If you get a Blackberry, get the curve WiFi......Also, dont use the slow BB Browser that it is installed with, you can download a program called Mini Opera which is a MUCH better browser for the forums....just make sure you set the font to small and the screen will look just like it does when you are on your regular computer.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts