The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m interested to replicate the look of the 410/430 with the carbon front access hatch & blacking out the top edge of the front clam. How is this done OEM, is it painted or vinyl? I looked at the 400 and 410/430 service notes, and except for the clear protective film, there’s nothing listed.

Second question - has anyone tried to do this with vinyl? Just wondering with an exposed edge if it’s even possible of if it would tend to come loose at the edge.

Thanks!

-Spaghettipie

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm looking to do that as well. I have the vinyl as I wrapped the center part since my PPF was peeling on that piece. I'll be sure to post pictures and write up any tips/notes for how to do it.

·
Illegal Alien
5,005 Posts
OEM painted. However, it can be wrapped, just as PPF can be applied.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is exactly what I did on my white evora 400. I used black gloss vinyl wrap and approximated the edges that i wanted. Very cheap and easy mod, especially if you have experience with vinyl wrapping, otherwise a professional could easily do it as well.

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Car looks small even next to a Corolla. Didn't think it was that small. lol

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is exactly what I did on my white evora 400. I used black gloss vinyl wrap and approximated the edges that i wanted. Very cheap and easy mod, especially if you have experience with vinyl wrapping, otherwise a professional could easily do it as well.
That looks fantastic, and exactly what I'd like to do. I bought the oem carbon access panel, and would like to wrap the front clam 'wings'. I've never done vinyl wrap myself - but might give it a try ... need to look at it closer to see how complicated the shape is of that part of the clam to cover it. If I chicken out, I'll look for an installer in my area.

-Spaghettipie

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is what I did with wrap before selling the 400.
I'm diggin that stripe!

As for do-it-yourself, the wings by this access panel are relatively flat and definitely doable for a first timer. Just make sure you get some knifeless tape for vinyl so that the cut edges are as straight and smooth as possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts