The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Vendor
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, thanks for your patience! The Blackwatch Supercharger for 2006 & 2007 is now available! See dyno plot at http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54049

www.blackwatchracing.com

Features/Benefits:
- Add up to 60 Horsepower and 40lb-ft of Torque!
- Only Lotus supercharger system with hardware and ECU reflash from one source.
- Uses factory ECU reflash, not piggy-back for smooth daily driving.
- Conservatively tuned on the dyno and on the road.
- Custom plaster cast BWR manifold with crinklecoat finish and machined logo.
- 4th intake runner design improved to equalize intake flow.
- High quality Bosch injectors w/ superior atomization.
- Custom supercharger inlet port to attach to stock airbox.
- Uses full factory emission-control system. No emissions relocation.
- Inlet port, supercharger, and manifold come pre-assembled to reduce installation time and complexity.
- Goodyear Gatorback supercharger belt for maximum reliability and performance.
- 1 year limited warranty.
- Now includes free overnight return shipping for the ECU!

Customer Testimonials:

"All the power you ever dreamed of for your 2005 Elise is right in the spectacular kit. We just installed our first and have tested it extensively. It puuuuuuurrrrrrrrsssssss..........Without a doubt, the BEST system we have ever seen or installed." - Mark S.

"The way this car pulls now is just scary. I have not driven an Exige S but compared to my car stock it just blows it away. Does not affect drivability at all. 6th gear doing 80mph on the highway feels like stock. Idle is as good, possibly even better than stock. Purrs like a kitten. But downshift into 3rd or 4th gear and step on it, and it is like going into hyperdrive." - Matt

"It's funny I read all the threads with people going on and on about how great an SC is. And I'm thinking ya ya blah blah blah. All I can say is.
GET ONLINE AND ORDER ONE NOW !!!! I recommend Blackwatch Racing. I paid full price and a lot of extra shipping charges. It's a must have! NOW!" - Jim C.

"New HP and torque keeps those GT3's behind me on the straights. The car ran flawlessly, 190 degrees and good numbers on the A/F. I got a few compliments from the Porsche dudes. That's a first for me." - Jim C

The only thing left out of the kit is towel to wipe the sh-- eating grin off your face after the first test drive. Great product-Great company. ART

www.blackwatchracing.com

·
Registered
732 Posts
Can your blower get the 06 motor above 240 hp. safely?:confused: We are waiting for our factory warranty(s) to end prior to adding a power increase. The performance envelope of the 240S is what we are hoping to modify too. If you can, we have two cars that will need your attention soon.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Can your blower get the 06 motor above 240 hp. safely?:confused: We are waiting for our factory warranty(s) to end prior to adding a power increase. The performance envelope of the 240S is what we are hoping to modify too. If you can, we have two cars that will need your attention soon.

Since it's putting down 224hp to the wheels it's already over 240hp at the engine with the stage 1 kit...

Typical Stock engine = 190hp crank and 165hp wheels = 15% drive line loss

so 224hp wheels x 15% = 257.6hp @ the crank...

Only a one year warrenty on the Lotus cars in Japan, so I've been free and clear to do what I want for a while now... :cool:

·
Vendor
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Per Dragon's response above, we're there. The 240S I've seen dyno at 216rwhp. Thus our 2006 kit is already above 240 to the crank. On the 240S we are working on a project with a customer running more boost, efi stand alone, full 2bular exhaust system we expect to see some crazier numbers there.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Per Dragon's response above, we're there. The 240S I've seen dyno at 216rwhp. Thus our 2006 kit is already above 240 to the wheels. On the 240S we are working on a project with a customer running more boost, efi stand alone, full 2bular exhaust system we expect to see some crazier numbers there.
Perfect :clap: (sorry, didnt know if that info was from an engine dyno or on a rolling road), we will be in touch soon;).

·
Vendor
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
corrected my post above. I meant to say above 240 at the crank, not wheels(given the dyno chart above) Eitherway 240S killer.

·
Registered
591 Posts
HELL YEA Glad I bought my old exige back!! More HP than the 240s !!!

Picking mine up in April. Can't wait!!!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yeah, that's almost what the car makes at the crank. The torque is very high. Are you sure the dyno wasn't using form formula to calculate crank HP based on the WHP instead of just WHP? I doubt it, but I've seen it before.
Yea, the Japanese do that... They love to do the corrected to fly wheel hp (actually PS since they don't use HP over here). Basically they push in the clutch after the run and hold it to the floor and let the car decel on the rollers and the dyno calculates the drive line loss and adds that %age to the final wheel hp numbers. I'll bring mine by the Apexi' Dealers shop and Dyno it once everything is installed and the computer has run it's little learning game and see what it does...

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I'm always amazed by inaccurate dyno's. Why have an expensive piece of test equipment that produces inaccurate results. It seems most dyno's are worthless. Why can't that have built in calibration? You can't trust any of them.

Even the good ones have excuses, our dyno reads a little low, high, affected by the weather, etc. etc.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
i'll still probably go back to the same Dyno afterwards and then just minus 20hp I guess lol. Those were 3rd and 4th gear pulls. Probably flywheel.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
i'll still probably go back to the same Dyno afterwards and then just minus 20hp I guess lol. Those were 3rd and 4th gear pulls. Probably flywheel.
good plan

It will be a good check for the SC install. BTW you should start looking for an
AF gauge. One with data logging. I think Fred has the low down.
I have my gauge in the trunk. It's impossible to read the gauge while
accelerating. I just check the data once in a while.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I have heard of a Greenwich Local getting a 2007 SC kit installed shortly. It should be very interesting.
Are you guys doing the install? Please keep us posted.

·
Vendor
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
good plan

It will be a good check for the SC install. BTW you should start looking for an
AF gauge. One with data logging. I think Fred has the low down.
I have my gauge in the trunk. It's impossible to read the gauge while
accelerating. I just check the data once in a while.

I like the Innovate LM1. The data logging is really cool. I haven't used it with the guage though. It is fair to comment that between the EFI and the LMI, I am REALLY hating not having a serial port on my laptop! USB-to-serial converters suck. Back to our regularly scheduled thread.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts