The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Vendor
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Easter! :D Most recent 2006 dyno Exige. Stock except for Arguay Exhaust. A/F were taken directly from the exhaust via a WBO2 in a bung in the exhaust pre-cat and fed directly to the dynojet.

Attachments

·
Registered
817 Posts
So does this mean it's now available for the 2006's? Good job!

·
Vendor
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Who do I make the check out to? Also what are the chances I could get one before April 4th? Track day coming up. ;)

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Nice work! Any idea on the baseline #'s for that car?

·
Vendor
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice work! Any idea on the baseline #'s for that car?
No, we were under a tight timeframe with the car and installed the kit straight away. I've seen between 160-165RWHP baseline on other cars on that dyno. I usually mentally use 165RWHP as it seems to be the average for a 2zz.

·
Vendor
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Is the torque increase from 5,000 rpm up to 8,000 rpm due entirely to the decrease in air/fuel ratio? Or is there something else going on also?

Thanks,

JOe

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Shipped out my 06 ECU today for the re-flash.. :) Should be able to install everything next week. ( I took the week off for vacation :D )

Also built my own Hi flow Catalytic converter yesterday.. Tiny difference in exhaust volume, but she felt a little more free, ran great and felt a little more peppy, so I hope it'll work well with the tune. Added 3 O2 bungs, 2 for the stock sensors and another one-pre cat for my wide band. Also running a Arguay single tip. I'll post results once all is said and done...

·
Vendor
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
F! Where's my credit card?

At what point do we ship the ECU out for flashing? Is shipping included in the price?
In the kit there is a box that has all the small parts. That box, conveniently enough is "ECU sized", pack it in there. If you wish to ship the ECU first, that's no problem either. We are typically getting 1 day turns on the ECU reflash. Shipping of the ECU back to you overnight IS included in the price. Regular freight is not. Shipping is generally $50-75 depending on location.

·
Vendor
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is the torque increase from 5,000 rpm up to 8,000 rpm due entirely to the decrease in air/fuel ratio? Or is there something else going on also?

Thanks,

JOe
The car generally likes a bit more timing up top than it does in the mid-range. The 2zz likes to run leaner for more power. We run it richer at WOT for additional safety margin. On the XP car I run 13-13.5:1 on 14psi! Granted I run it on the 108 Leaded Green Happy Gas which likes it leaner :D

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
FZUST-I sent a PM/email regarding some parts. Any idea on CARB compliance and when that will be for the 06 cars in CA? Do you have recommended installers in AZ?

·
Vendor
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FZUST-I sent a PM/email regarding some parts. Any idea on CARB compliance and when that will be for the 06 cars in CA? Do you have recommended installers in AZ?
I will send you a PM back in just a second on the parts. The CARB compliance effort is moving forward as we needed the 2006 kit to get done to make it happen. Paperwork filed etc. Timeframe all depends on the mighty CARB folks. Of course this doesn't matter to you in Arizona. As far as recommended installers here, I like Scottsdale Lotus alot. Andy the service manager has always given me great support. His senior tech, Chris does a great job. For Tucson we are looking for someone now. Any competent mechanic can do the job.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts