The Lotus Cars Community banner

BLACKWATCH FRIDAY 2022!!!!!

722 8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Darn, was hoping for a sale on the bars :)

What can we expect with the BWR arms in terms of camber/bumpsteer/steering changes?

·
Vendor
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Darn, was hoping for a sale on the bars :)

What can we expect with the BWR arms in terms of camber/bumpsteer/steering changes?
Improved bump steer, though with the rack height adjustment you can dial into your car's ride height and setup. Camber down to -3+ AND they include shims!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Improved bump steer, though with the rack height adjustment you can dial into your car's ride height and setup. Camber down to -3+ AND they include shims!
Thanks. Solid price and sounds like a great "while I'm in there" change while refreshing track rod ends and ball joints.

·
Vendor
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Solid price and sounds like a great "while I'm in there" change while refreshing track rod ends and ball joints.
We have those also! Car really wakes up with front Camber!

·
Vendor
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also note folks we have our flywheels and Exedy clutches on sale for a nice streetable, faster revving Lotus. Get a flywheel and a clutch on sale and I'll knock $10 off a set ARP flywheel bolts too!

·
Vendor
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IMHO and HO of Colin Chapman(I am pretty sure), Helper springs are designed largely to sell more springs. When you go to stiffer springs the car's body weight isn't enough to sag the springs to the point where the perches are tight to the springs when unloaded in full droop. The idea is that helpers hold the springs in place when that happens. In practice, the rebound in the shock keeps the springs tight under extension. The only place that you don't have the springs tight is on jack stands. Even if you were to jump the car, the springs are self-centering, so while you might hear a "clang" under that extreme condition, it is no big deal.

As with many things, reason doesn't have anything to do with why many people do things. Some people like the way they look, some like "Peace of mind"(whatever), some like spending more money or carrying more un-sprung weight. We at Blackwatch Racing are customer focused. If you want to spend extra money so you can carry extraneous mass, we're here for you! ;) However, we do like to give you the option and a straight-talking opinion so you can make your own decision! :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts