The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Blackwatch and Penske are offering an end-of-year special for shock service. Service 4 shocks and get charged for only 3! Normally $600 for a set of 4, until end of year only $450!

Service includes: replace seals and wear parts, fresh shims, fresh oil, and dyno to confirm performance.

The only things not included are worn bearings or damaged parts from use.

Track miles, road miles, and trailer miles all take their toll, so if it has been a few years, consider sending in your shocks to be serviced!

Requirements:

• Must be received by Penske by 12-31-19
  • Must remove springs and aluminum bushings from eyelets
  • Must send to:
Penske Shocks:
Attn: Fred Zust @ BWR
150 Franklin Street
Reading, PA 19602

·
Registered
247 Posts
Can the hand knobs be added. Mine were from the 1st group buy. How long will Penske kept the shocks?
thanks

·
Registered
603 Posts
Is there a general idea for number of years/miles or track days until a rebuild becomes necessary?

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Is there a general idea for number of years/miles or track days until a rebuild becomes necessary?
If you do several track days a year, you should look at doing it every year or two. The more curbing that you drive over, the more frequent that they should be checked. If you are just driving on the street than I would check them every 25K miles or 3 - 4 years. This is not saying that they are bad but as the shocks wear, you will not be able to notice it until you put rebuilt ones back on. If you have had several hard hits; track curbing, big pot holes, etc. you can damage the shim stacks. You have to remember that these are a wear item and they are going to wear. Also, at least one a year, you should check the canister pressure. These will typical lose pressure over time.

Later,
Eldon

·
Vendor
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can the hand knobs be added. Mine were from the 1st group buy. How long will Penske kept the shocks?
thanks
Hi, they can, but they are pretty pricey option after the fact. Those adjusters are over $100 each. Give me a call on Monday and I can go over the specifics.

·
Vendor
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It really depends. For the really hardcore track rat, every year. For the casual driver I would say if could be every 5 or more years. For folks that daily drive with 10k miles per year, 2-3 years is about right.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
If you do several track days a year, you should look at doing it every year or two. The more curbing that you drive over, the more frequent that they should be checked. If you are just driving on the street than I would check them every 25K miles or 3 - 4 years. This is not saying that they are bad but as the shocks wear, you will not be able to notice it until you put rebuilt ones back on. If you have had several hard hits; track curbing, big pot holes, etc. you can damage the shim stacks. You have to remember that these are a wear item and they are going to wear. Also, at least one a year, you should check the canister pressure. These will typical lose pressure over time.

Later,
Eldon
Excellent feedback, as usual.

San

1 - 8 of 8 Posts