The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Friends,

Blackwatch in our continuous effort to bring out cool stuff for the community, finally a high-quality 2 piece brake rotor for the Elise/Exige at a great price!

Top-quality Elise & Exige 2 piece brake rotors.

- Design tested on the BWR 2008 SCCA Solo XP Championship Car!
- Aluminum hats with replaceable rotors
- Saves ~10lbs total per set of unsprung weight!
- Cadmium plated discs for corrosion resistance
- Black Anodized Aluminum hats
- 12 Cadmium-plated fasteners with spring washers for strong & secure fit.
- Larger rear hat to further reduce weight.
- Cross-drilled for superior cooling, out-gassing, and reduced weight.
- Shipped fully assembled and spin-balanced.
- Manufactured in Europe.
- Set of 4

Worth easily $2k/set
Regular price of $1195. Introductory price:

$995! for a set of 4

2 Piece Brake Rotors

Price only good while first shipment lasts....

BWR "Bringing Winning Results"

Attachments

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Nice price! :clap:

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Dang Fred!! That's an awesome price. These fit the stock brakes right?

Rob

·
Vendor
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perfect timing!
Will you be carrying the replaceable rotors as well?
Of course! We have the full sets now and replacement rotors forthcoming...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Any customer reviews?

Based on the website pictures, the face of the rotor seems much rougher than other rotors... I'm curious if it smoothes out quickly or if these rotors are harsh on pads.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I just had these installed with new pagid blue brake pads, I'll put up a review after a couple weeks (autocross on the 28th), but since I don't track my car I won't be able to review that side of things... :(

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi Fred,

I am using Pagid RS14 black with stock rotors. I found with turbo charger that braking power needs to be improved. Does this rotor provide better bite than stock? Please give us some idea.

·
Vendor
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't think the rotor provides any additional bite, that is largely a function of the pads. These rotors are about lower weight and heat control. You may want to try the Raybestos pads which we sell. They are hard on rotors, but very grippy. The RS14s require a good amount of heat to get to their maximum grippiness.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I don't think the rotor provides any additional bite, that is largely a function of the pads. These rotors are about lower weight and heat control. You may want to try the Raybestos pads which we sell. They are hard on rotors, but very grippy. The RS14s require a good amount of heat to get to their maximum grippiness.
That is exactly the problem I have. It will take a run or 2 to warm up the pads. I tried to warm it up before runs but it doesn't help much with driving 10-15mph on the grid. Aren't you using RS14s as well? How do you get them warmed? I heard Raybesotos are not rotor friendly so RS14 is still more preferred.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
If your not willing to try the Raybesotos, you might want to try Carbotec XP10's in the front and XP8's in the rear. Good initial bite even when cold and easy on the rotors.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Raybestos grab like crazy, but the release is hard to modulate. Hawk HT10's are my fave...plenty info to search on for those

·
Vendor
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is exactly the problem I have. It will take a run or 2 to warm up the pads. I tried to warm it up before runs but it doesn't help much with driving 10-15mph on the grid. Aren't you using RS14s as well? How do you get them warmed? I heard Raybesotos are not rotor friendly so RS14 is still more preferred.
I generally drag the brake around grid to get some heat in them. Then I avoid using them as much as possible! rotfl

1 - 17 of 17 Posts