The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey friends... anyone have an idea on replacing the speaker grills on an 05 Elise? Someone must have taken mine off the dash speakers while I had it parked without the roof. They weren't very secure in the first place.... I know others have replaced complete speakers but I just want to get it back to being cosmetically clean...guess it is lighter weight though....! Actually, if they fit I am not insisent on having Blaupunkt branded ones. Just something decent to cover up the speaker itself. Thanks!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I hate people. If it's not locked down, they'll steal it. And if it is, they'll vandalize it. Ridiculous. This should be an easy fix though. I'd check with Audio Express or Radio Shack.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I believe I still have a set of the Blaupunkt grills but I may have thrown it away. Because my soon to be ex wife has filed a false order of protection against me to gain control of our real estate, I don't have access to it at the moment, but I may be able to get at it next week when I go in with the cops.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Lotus garage has them, but...

Hey friends... anyone have an idea on replacing the speaker grills on an 05 Elise? Someone must have taken mine off the dash speakers while I had it parked without the roof. They weren't very secure in the first place.... I know others have replaced complete speakers but I just want to get it back to being cosmetically clean...guess it is lighter weight though....! Actually, if they fit I am not insisent on having Blaupunkt branded ones. Just something decent to cover up the speaker itself. Thanks!
I don't think you can buy just the grills from them. They come sold as a package with the speaker mounting rings (and I think you need to buy the a pair!). I needed to replace one warped ring but didn't need the grill. I had to buy a pair of rings and they came with the grills.

I've got the extra grills but given what your experience, I'm going to hold onto them!

Here's the part number: A121M6008F $18.54 grille front speaker

Good luck.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I believe I still have a set of the Blaupunkt grills but I may have thrown it away. Because my soon to be ex wife has filed a false order of protection against me to gain control of our real estate, I don't have access to it at the moment, but I may be able to get at it next week when I go in with the cops.
Wow, this is why I love the Lotus community. With so many personal problems looming, he's still down to help another member out. :clap:

Sorry to hear, btw.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys.... MyFutureSelfnMe, in particular.. good luck with things..i know that must be rough. just as i was heading to a local audio shop, Max at Lotus Greenville texted me and had the OE pair in stock for a decent price... plus we did the usual LotusTalk in person and that always beats sitting at the office! now i have one of many reasons to be in the garage this weekend... besides that lawnmower i had to buy last nite..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts