The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apart from Multivex mirrors (which I don't really like) does anyone have small stick on blind spot mirrors that go in the corner of their existing mirror?

Looking for them around the net but can only see big ones and ones that stick out too much :(

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I have the 2" ones from Pep Boys. They help a bit, especially at night.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
my car came with what looks like a cheap stick on blind spot mirror.they also turn so you can get them to view where you want them to.im still not sure i like them.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Any particular reason you don't like the multivex?

Fitment issues aside (which i fixed by taking apart my mirrors, see signature), these guys are a life saver. I had SEVERAL close calls before installing them, that would have been my own fault... it was actually pretty nerve racking at times in traffic simply because I couldn't tell where cars were back there before a lane change.

With them, I only have issues with the distortion (especially backing up) - because i don't drive it every day - but it's worth it.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I used to have 2" circular adjustable mirrors before I went with Multivex. Either option is better than just stock mirrors. I think you should just go with the Multivex's. The view you get is so small in the 2" mirrors that it is often hard to discern what things are. Also, it always took me a second or two to focus on them since they are in a different plane from the rest of the mirrors. The Multivex add ons give you one big contiguous (intentionally) distorted view.

I do find that with the Multivex's it can be difficult to tell whether you are all the way past a car (rear corners are hard for me to judge with them).

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I do find that with the Multivex's it can be difficult to tell whether you are all the way past a car (rear corners are hard for me to judge with them).
True but at least now you can tell there is something back there AT ALL :D

Before I wouldn't have a clue - I'd have to gun it for a bit just to see if someone would appear in the mirror before changing lanes.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Picked up a pair of rectangular blind spot mirrors at AutoZone for about $2 each. Work like a charm. I no longer hold my breath when I change lanes to the right.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have the tiny stick on things as well. they work okay. I've considered multivex. but too many other things taking my money right now.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I used to have 2" circular adjustable mirrors before I went with Multivex. Either option is better than just stock mirrors. I think you should just go with the Multivex's. The view you get is so small in the 2" mirrors that it is often hard to discern what things are. Also, it always took me a second or two to focus on them since they are in a different plane from the rest of the mirrors. The Multivex add ons give you one big contiguous (intentionally) distorted view.
+1,000 Multivex are much more useful than a "truck type" "blind spot mirror".

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have Multivex mirros and as per above I don't like them, sitting in my garage now.

I like the idea of the 2" rectangular ones - can you get them online? (i'm in Scotland = no AutoZone etc)

I don't like the swivel ones as they look too bulky - would prefer ones that sit flat on the mirror, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'd think they'd be easy to find. maybe at a store that specializes in big trucks?

how about ebay UK? I saw a bunch listed when I searched under "blind spot mirror" but most were circular.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Multivex are awesome to let you know if someone is back there, but I find it quite difficult to judge how far back. With an Elise I am able to use the in cabin mirror to judge distance, but I would imagine it would be challenging with an Exige. Maybe that would come with time?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Good luck buying the Multivex. The US supplier doesnt respond even though I paypaled my money almost 2 months ago. The brittish supplier says to deal with the US supplier. I paypaled my money to the Brittish provider anyway, he sent it back.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
probably should sell them as they are brand new and I'll never use them again. No idea what they would sell for second hand?

plenty blind spot mirrors on ebay however they have a plastic backing and/or surround and therefore stick out by 5/6/7mm and look a bit daft IMHO. I want ones that are just the mirror - nothing else - so it will sit a lot flusher.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
I like the adjustable spots on my mirrors. Since they're concave you can see the lines that seperate the lanes and parking lots and the occasional time I park off the road, to see the curb. In this case its function over form.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I use little rectangular mirrors. They arne't beautifull, but they make driving the car SOOO much easier. I actually keep thinking about putting them on my daily driver because I dont even have to look back anymore.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts