The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my Evora on Saturday, but I'm not new to this forum as I owned a Toyota MR2 Spyder with a 2ZZ-GE motor a few years back and used this forum for help here and there with my motor swap.

I'm noticing a major blind spot issue on the right hand side of my Evora (USA Model). I searched the forum for "blind" and "blindspot", but didn't find anything.

What have you guys done to ensure safe lane changing in your blind spot?

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
There is a pedal under the dashboard on the drivers side (the right one) to resolve most blind spot issues. Just give gas.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Whichever half dressed girl is in the passenger seat just looks out the window for me. I find this solution works best. Well a combination of this and gas pedal that tbd mentioned seems to be a great combo.

·
Registered
268 Posts
+1 for thd_Evora. That's also my solution for this "issue".

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a pedal under the dashboard on the drivers side (the right one) to resolve most blind spot issues. Just give gas.
Been doing that one my whole life, had nothing but convertibles so I know how to work some blind spots when the top is up, but this one is pretty brutal for me. I'm still playing with the mirrors and bought adjustable stick on mirrors as well.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Great ideas but that blind spot is tough. Left mirror is the best I've ever used.

Makes me think we could add a little weight for a fancy blind spot sensor just for right side. Really. Or rig up some way to use the rear camera.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Okay there's obviously no comparison, but c'mon we're Evora owners... we also complain about rear seat space and headlight washers... rotfl

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Why look over your shoulder? Behind you lies only your past, the future lies ahead of you.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I'd say 'get a multivex mirror' but apparently the guy who makes those is having problems and isn't making them.

They solved my exige blindspot issues.

·
Premium Member
6,241 Posts
Those little blindspot mirrors are on almost ALL my vehicles esp the Elise. Very helpful and inexpensive solution

·
Registered
31 Posts
as mentioned before, those convex mirrors are great. I call them fisheye mirrors and put them on every car I get, nothing gets past them and they dont look bad.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts

Couple bucks at Autozone. F-bomb love 'em! Have them on all our cars now (even the wife requested them on her car). Never have to look back anymore.

They do look a little tacky, but whatev's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts