The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
It'd be *really* tight but might just fit....

... no idea where you'd put the intercooler.

(note, the eninges are facing opposite directions in each picture)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Replace the air-air intercooler with a water-air based charge-cooler, like on the Esprit turbo's, and fit an additional cooling rad at the front of the car (and add some pipework to the front of the car)

Not for the faint of heart, but that should work..

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Somehow its got to fit!

Anyone know how much extra BHP the Blitz S/C is going to be adding onto the toyota engine?

250BHP?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I dont think its going to fit.

I purchased a Vortech Supercharger for my V8 miata and it looked like it was going to fit, albeit tight....we installed the blower body and the hood wouldnt close...just an inch difference. It killed me. And the V8 miata has more room than this engine bay.

I had to get a Kenne Bell instead.

I also dont really see the point of going FI on a 11:5:1 motor...or the need to really?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Good luck fitting this, but I must ask one question - WHY????

Oh wait - you've never driven a 190hp Elise yet......

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
good luck finding a blitz s/c for sale! ;)

i can't imagine boosting the Elise, but whatever floats your boat

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Not that I would do it but Turbo Technica boost kits a not uncommon in the Euro car. Personally I am more interested in other way to get more power from the engine. Comments on how we can get another 30 bhp without FI would be welcome. The less intrusive the better.

I will likely leave the car stock for some time, as I want to see what it can do (what I can do). I have been told that it will come standard with the sports exhaust and that an air-kit will be available that should be good for another 15 bhp. That will put the car at 205 bhp. Where to go from there is the question, and I prefer a NA engine?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Getting the S/C from blitz wont be a problem .... I used to distribute BLitz parts so i have friends who can get it.

But im not saying i will get it, I am just looking for info so when or if i do decide to go for more HP i will know the possibilities.

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
RacingDynamcs said:
Getting the S/C from blitz wont be a problem .... I used to distribute BLitz parts so i have friends who can get it.

But im not saying i will get it, I am just looking for info so when or if i do decide to go for more HP i will know the possibilities.
i'm not sure if it's still true, but back in the day, even Blitz USA couldn't get the S/C. Apparently Blitz Japan had it, but hadn't produced any quantities of it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blitz USA is the laziest branch! "lazy!" If you want something you have to goto the BLitz Japan. The new shipments i will be making out are directly from blitz japan. No more USA stupid branch for me.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I think a turbo under the car may be the way to go if you are considering forced induction. The intercooler placement will be the challenge. It would take a lot of piping to put it up front but it ight be possible. The figures I have seen for the turbo kits are 270whp. As far as NA, replacing the valves, oil pump, a cold Air intake, exhaust, and retuning the ECU may get you to the 230hp at the crank. A company did just that for the Celica GT-S.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts