The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Leaf blower would probably be a better bet, and take you 3 hours less than a blow drier.

But.. I imagine as long as you don't blast the edges of the starshield you should be okay. :up:

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I use a leaf blower on my car after I get down off the mountain road because it's so dusty. I just put the leaf blower in my trunk. I also use it to blow the taillights and seams after I wash it because water gets stuck in there... and when u drive ur car the water can drip out, leaving unattractive water spots on a clean car.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I use either a electric leaf blower or I go the the self service car wash booth and use the spotless rinse and compressed air blow dryer. works great

·
Registered
495 Posts
I've contemplated using the blowing function of my wet-dry vac. Not sure if it would be too strong though.:shrug:

·
Super Moderator
2,845 Posts
I use a microfiber waffle weave towel to dry the easily accessed surfaces of the car and then use compressed air at 90 psi with a rubber tipped blow gun to blast the water out of all the body seams, around the lights, grilles, etc. being careful not aim the air stream at the edges of the Starshield. I then finish up with a small microfiber detailing towel and detail spray.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I tried blow drying my Elise, but I got too tired and couldn't catch my breath.

So now I just take it to the drycleaners.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Be careful using a leaf blower, especially if you live in an urban area with dirty air like I do in Houston. Unless it has a filter, its like sandblasting your car. I learned the hard way with my previous car.

·
Super Moderator
2,845 Posts
Be careful using a leaf blower, especially if you live in an urban area with dirty air like I do in Houston. Unless it has a filter, its like sandblasting your car. I learned the hard way with my previous car.
+1

If you are going to blow dry your car make sure the blower uses filtered air. There are blowers out there made specifically for drying cars and motorcycles like these from Metro Vac: Metropolitan Vacuum Cleaner Co., Inc.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
after washing the car, there shouldn't be any dust because everything on the ground should be wet. unless you drive it to a sand pit to dry the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts