The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right cylinder compression 190-210, far left 110, :(

I think the motor is toast. Supercharger motor and I think before I installed the SC the motor was on it's last leg. Dyno run of 140hp....

What are some good build kits for the 2ZZ, something a little stronger. Any suggestions? Pistons, rings, valves... I got a builder, just need the parts.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Pistons, rods, sleeves, rings, valves, springs, balanced/knife-edged crank, ported and polished head, ARP head studs and a huge turbo. MWR has the parts to put in.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts

I think the motor is toast. Supercharger motor and I think before I installed the SC the motor was on it's last leg. Dyno run of 140hp....

What are some good build kits for the 2ZZ, something a little stronger. Any suggestions? Pistons, rings, valves... I got a builder, just need the parts.
Which S/C kit out of curiosity?

·
Registered
222 Posts
K20....

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
All can be had from MWR.

Crower rods
Mahle 9.0:1 pistons
Darton sleeves
ARP main and head studs
MWR bearings
New OEM oil pump and water pump
New OEM gaskets and seals throughout
MWR SS valves
MWR upgraded valve springs
Ported cylinder head
Circuitworx Oil Pump Gear Set

I have been told if you aren't planning more boost then the stock rods should be fine.

·
Registered
750 Posts

We've been building several types of engines for a while, including World Challenge, Club racing, drag racing, and street engines. We've been working on a 2ZZ program recently for SC, Turbo, and NA configurations. If you're interested in discussing options please give us a call, 562-694-2226 or email at [email protected].

·
Vendor
3,278 Posts
We've been building several types of engines for a while, including World Challenge, Club racing, drag racing, and street engines. We've been working on a 2ZZ program recently for SC, Turbo, and NA configurations. If you're interested in discussing options please give us a call, 562-694-2226 or email at [email protected].
Kris is building my motor. :clap:

·
Registered
381 Posts
+1
K20A, built head, gearset, LSD, and clutch

F20C would be pretty cool but haven't heard of any examples.

Turbo and SC will always be trouble for an engine designed to be NA and more expensive especailly when compared to turbo. IMO this car is better paired with an NA engine, although FI is pretty fun. I would have done the K20A if it was road legal to do so in my country.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
BWR kit huh. Any other BWR kit owners have problems with theirs yet?
Wonder if this has anything to do with their tuning...

·
Vendor
3,278 Posts
BWR kit huh. Any other BWR kit owners have problems with theirs yet?
Wonder if this has anything to do with their tuning...
No. Nice try though. :thwack:

1. AFRs on Will's car are in the low 12s.
2. The timing on our kit is conservative enough to run on California 91 craptane with no issues.
3. The total timing advance & fueling has been validated by Casey at ForcedFed and Kris at DRS i.e. no surprises.
4. We have a test car running about 8 degrees MORE advance on 93 pump gas with no issues.

Unfortunately it looks like Will's car was not healthy prior to installation. But hey, thanks so much for slinging mud at BWR without knowing anything at all! :rolleyes:

Note to self: Must steal Casey's sig about internet forums where everyone is an engineer....

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Pistons, rods, sleeves, rings, valves, springs, balanced/knife-edged crank, ported and polished head, ARP head studs and a huge turbo. MWR has the parts to put in.
rotfl :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Vendor
3,278 Posts
Oh how I love forum boards....People with absolutely ZERO firsthand knowledge on a subject running their mouths.
Casey I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO close to stealing your sig yesterday....

As far as "Kaz" and his motor, I have no first hand knowledge. I know Kris was picking up the pieces on someone else's motor build at one point, but I don't know whos. He is one of the most knowledgable, meticulous individuals I have ever met.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Isn't Kris from DRS the same guys that fried Peter's (KAZ here) motor 3 times?
No, I did not build or have anything to do with KAZ's previous engines or engine failures. I am however rebuilding an engine for him now, FOR THE FIRST TIME.

The all wise big fish in the small pond on that other website will have his delusional interpretation. You can only beat a dead horse so much.

·
Vendor
3,278 Posts
No, I did not build or have anything to do with KAZ's previous engines or engine failures. I am however rebuilding an engine for him now, FOR THE FIRST TIME.

The all wise big fish in the small pond on that other website will have his delusional interpretation. You can only beat a dead horse so much.
Kris, I don't know if I agree. It is pretty clear that some Monkeys can spank that dead horse indefinitely. :D

·
Registered
750 Posts
Kris, I don't know if I agree. It is pretty clear that some Monkeys can spank that dead horse indefinitely. :D
Did you hear the one about how we are using the ECU to control little hands that go into the engine compartment and drain the oil out of the engine so it runs on low pressure and blows up? It's crazy what you can do with modern electronics.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
so what caused the engine to blow? and when you say blow do you mean it threw a rod? or something like that?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts