The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a quickly hacked photoshop image of the Magnetic Blue car at the show with the red leather interior (from the Silver car at the show). This is NOT on the "recommended color combinations", but I was interested in what it would look like (and if I would push to see if it could happen)

I think it looks rather good, unfortunately I don't think blue is at the top of my list anymore........(yellow looked incredible!)

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW,

I had promised a RED on RED photshop image also, but since the red car had the hardtop on at the show, it didn't lend itself to a decent interior photo to manipulate, so sorry about that....

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I thought the red interior was a lot more "orangey" than that. I wish there was a sample of the blue interior somewhere, I was thinking about that for my CO. Maybe a bit much though. I was surprised that a light gray interior was not an option. Light gray would go well all exterior colours and it would not get as hot in the sun.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The red leather is a deep red and even a shade more like "wine" this the above photo suggests (bright flash, I guess).

Here is a euro car with blue leather. It's not a great shot, but it does show that the blue is a dark blue. Not sure what the US will offer, but based on the "recommendations" a darker blue makes sense......

Attachments

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Nice picture. Note that the shot shows an excellent depiction of the grey cloth on the sides of the seat. Biscuit (tan) also has grey edges. Not sure why they didn't match the cloth to the leather color.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
As mentioned, no cars at the LA Auto Show had a blue interior. Also, it's not pictured in the order guide.

Here is a blue interior from a magnetic blue Elise (from puresportscar.com gallery). No idea if that is what will be offered.

Attachments

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
That bright blue is alcantara, and will NOT be offered on the US Elise. The blue leather option is a very dark blue, almost black. A sample of each interior color was shown underneath the model cars showing the paint colors.

·
Registered
178 Posts
One more chance to complain. I love that alcantera interior and want it in my car!!!

Anyone else agree?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
MattG said:
That bright blue is alcantara, and will NOT be offered on the US Elise. The blue leather option is a very dark blue, almost black. A sample of each interior color was shown underneath the model cars showing the paint colors.
Well.. At least that's quite different from the euro S2..

My leather seats are much lighter:

Car was incorrectly built by Lotus. I had ordered it with blue alcantara door panels and seats, but it was delivered (as you can see) with black alcantara door panels and blue leather seats.

A few other bits and pieces were also wrong, but they compensated me for that.

Bye, Arno.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
yes i agree, i felt that the dash looked a bit cheap at the LA Auto Show, especially the center console where the shifter and the hazard light is. It totally looked like cheap plastic and I was surprised by it. I didn't like the shifter leather boot either. Did anyone notice if the stick is shorter for the federal elise?
thanks

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
shay2nak said:
yes i agree, i felt that the dash looked a bit cheap at the LA Auto Show, especially the center console where the shifter and the hazard light is. It totally looked like cheap plastic and I was surprised by it. I didn't like the shifter leather boot either. Did anyone notice if the stick is shorter for the federal elise?
thanks
You agree?

With who?

I don't see anyone else that posted that the interior looked cheap to them:confused:

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
what i mean't to say was that i would prefer to have the alcantara interior versus what is offered. I was agreeing with Scot when he said that he wanted that in his car. I forgot to ask some of the reps at the LA auto show about the interior as an option in the future. Im going back there anyway because a gal from Newport Lotus is going to be there.
thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts