The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about getting a Lotus just to goof around in a bit. I really wanted an Exige S but since I just bought an 05 NSX I really can't justify spending too much right now. I found an 05 Blue elise with a hardtop for 30,000. Seems like a pretty good deal to me but since I'm not sure how long I'll want to keep the car I was wondering if a blue lotus would be hard to resale. What do you think? What are the most popular colors?
Tony F

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I thought the blues ones all had about 7.3% less horse power? -poke-

Probably OK for a daily driver though! rotfl

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have nightfall blue and compliments all the time. Even other Lotus owners with different color have told me it's the best color.:) Should be easy to sell if I wanted to.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Magnetic Blue here.

Can't imagine why it would be harder to sell than any other color. Not that I'll be selling it... :)

Regards,
Wayne

Attachments

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Everyone knows the magnetic polarity of Mag blue adds 5% more torque. :D

Also, I've had people say the Mag Blue is probably the nicest color they've ever seen on a car. You really have to see it in person as pictures don't do it justice.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I have nightfall blue and compliments all the time. Even other Lotus owners with different color have told me it's the best color.:) Should be easy to sell if I wanted to.
in anything other then direct sunlight, it looks amazing. that was the color i wanted when i walked in the door to buy the car.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Was Polar Blue around in '05? I think it was an '06-'07 color, but not sure.

What's sort of funny is that every poster thus far has a different type of blue from '05 :eek:
IIRC, there were three blues in '05: Magnetic Blue, Nightfall Blue, and Laser Blue. Mine was Magnetic Blue.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Everyone knows the magnetic polarity of Mag blue adds 5% more torque. :D
but if you add a black racing strip, you gain 9-12 hp just ask BM
Ahh of-course you're right, sorry guys. I forgot about the "magnetic polarity" and "power enhancing strips" features of Mag Blue.

I'll tell you what - there are some mighty fine examples of blue in this thread. :clap: :clap: Kind of makes my Black look a bit.....well........ colorless really.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Actually, Laser Blue was not "officially" available on most of the '05 run, even as a Lifestyle color. You had to know it existed in Europe and ask the dealer for it when ordering--then pay the Lifestyle price. That's why an 05 LB is pretty rare.

Of course then they brought it in as an official option in '06.

IIRC, there were three blues in '05: Magnetic Blue, Nightfall Blue, and Laser Blue. Mine was Magnetic Blue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts