good find:up:

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
damn that car looks f*ckin good

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
and looks like nothing else on the road!

(but a bit like a mutated Exige)

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
It's really warming up to me.

Did you guys see the pictures in EVO magazine. It looks awesome.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I looks like they've got the ride height cranked way down... somehow I doubt it will be delivered that low.

·
Registered
2006 BRG Elise - The best color
319 Posts
I'm wondering why they'd pull all of the badges off of the car if they're no longer trying to disguise it? It looks horrible with the front badge missing.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I think that first shot makes it look very average. I don't think I would turn my head at that if it passed me.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
i had dinner with roger becker a couple of weeks ago, and he is really proud of this car. my guess is that if he is that chuffed, it does the important lotus things (turning, stopping, etc...) very well.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It's not working for me yet, maybe it will be better on the street, don't like how the body panel lines are conflicting with the body shape lines and there are some quirky shapes thrown in there as well....but hey I thought a bit of the same about the Elise and now I like those things...and yet it doesn't hold a candle to the M250..

Jim

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I liked the looks when I saw the pics at the London Auto show. Having second thoughts now. I like the front end but the lines of the car at the doors (look pinched) and rear quarter panel (ie. how the integrated rear wing flows into the quarter panel) don't flow at all. I hope there's some aerodynamic reason for these ugly lines.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The overall proportions seem compromized. Look at the door window screens from top to bottom at or around the apex of the A-pilar. The roofline looks too tall for the car's length and width, perhaps.

I'm starting to like it, but there is something still quirky about it.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
One picture can sum it up:

Looks like many parts, but the sum of those parts ... sucks (imho of course).

If it really is a supercar performance wise - as good or better than say a Z06 - then the mutt looks could be overlooked. Put that next to a Z06, any Exige, or even an outdated car like a Ferrari 328 and that thing is a Wildebeest for sure. Did Lotus make that or Saturn?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts