The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After expecting to have until mid-summer to decide what I wanted for a color, I was called yesterday and told I need to have my order put in this week (I was in the mid 30s, but apparently a number of people dropped out). The only problem is that I still can't decide what color to order. I went ahead and ordered the Magentic, but I figure I can still try to change it if necessary. Yellow is great, but my last 2 cars have been yellow and I think I need a change. I'm pretty sure I wan't either magnetic blue or laser blue (or maybe still yellow) but just can't decide. I've seen so many pictures of the blues online and they all look different that it really isn't much help. So, I want to throw this out there... Has anyone in the NY area ordered either a Laser Blue or Magnetic Blue car in the first batch? If so, can I drive down to see it?

If I can't get any takers, can someone who has seen those blue colors possibly compare them to some of the old Miata colors? Is the Magnetic blue anything like the Sapphire Blue that was used for the limitied edition Miata 4-5 years back? Is the laser blue anything like the baby blue they had when it first came out?

Also, can anyone confirm they can order Laser Blue in the second batch? My dealer told me that I can't order laser blue.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I put in an order for Laser blue on Saturday. I believe the order is going in tomorrow (Wednesday). Hopefully in will be accepted by LCU. I ordered from Hunting Ridge.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
jeffs said:
So, I want to throw this out there... Has anyone in the NY area ordered either a Laser Blue or Magnetic Blue car in the first batch? If so, can I drive down to see it?
No cars will be delivered before April so I think you will not be able to see one in time...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I ordered laser blue Monday after a ton of agonizing. I test drove a nightfall blue and it was beautiful but was concerned about the dirt. It was very deep and sleek looking. I know this won't help much since I could barely decide.:(

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Jeff,
Welcome to the forum, I used to live in Voorheesville and worked at GE in Schenectady. I have to say I prefer Atlanta winters, but miss spring, summer, and fall in upstate NY.
One of the show cars making the rounds is blue and there is a good color palete farther dwon in the "Rumors and News" section of the fourm.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Jeff,
There will be a Magnetic Blue Elise at the Atlanta car show March 10 - 14th, come on down two directs a day on Delta from Albany.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
fish said:
That's so funny. Unless I am mistaken, the dealer specifically said it was nightfall blue
You may not be but he could be:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
James A said:
Jeff,
There will be a Magnetic Blue Elise at the Atlanta car show March 10 - 14th, come on down two directs a day on Delta from Albany.
Hmmm. I may actually have to look into that. How do you know which cars are going to be at which shows? Do you know if that car will also be at the NY auto show in April?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Lotus of Atlanta is going ot have the Magnetic Blue car at the show, this according to our own Zvezdah1, aka Chris, who will be working the display for all of or part of Saturday the 13th.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts