The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a demonstration of my Start Button mod. I took the standard Elise start button and modded it into a start stop button as part of my new keyless entry and ignition system.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E72Y9peMGks&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E72Y9peMGks&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I'm impressed.....and BTW we're neighbors !!

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
VERY interesting ideal. I might want that!

xtn

·
Premium Member
12,058 Posts
Love it.

Please provide details on doing this.

Do the doors unlock/alarm disarm when you approach the car?

Either way, looks good to me.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Very nice. I'll take one :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Love it.

Please provide details on doing this.

Do the doors unlock/alarm disarm when you approach the car?

Either way, looks good to me.
Yes completely keyless based on bluetooth. I'll post a demonstration video when it stops raining.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Be interested to hear how you assure others can't hack in, Bluetooth isn't exactly the Fort Knox of security.

·
Registered
278 Posts
@SpudBoy You're right, but it's an obscure mod.
No one would expect the car to have this, unless the owner advertises it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@SpudBoy You're right, but it's an obscure mod.
No one would expect the car to have this, unless the owner advertises it.
You're right!!! Ok, everyone, move along. Nothing to see here. This is NOT the thread you're looking for.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Be interested to hear how you assure others can't hack in, Bluetooth isn't exactly the Fort Knox of security.
Good point. I did take that into consideration. Here's how I look at it... The car (heretofore referred to as 'she' or 'her') is garage kept unless being washed, polished, vacuumed, and drooled on (by me usually), I rarely leave her unattended for any period of time, and she spends most of her time cruising around car shows and local cruises.

If this was my daily driver, I would have used a more secure method such as RFID. Which is still a viable option.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Please post how you did it...

·
Registered
526 Posts
That is great, I would love to do that to my car. You have to post how to do that, or send out a PM. BTW, we will have to get together this summer and go for a drive. Maybe we can get kestrel74 (john) to go to if we can keep him out of the sky long enough.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts