·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
NMRJock said:
Not to hijack the thread, but Verizon is going to release the Motorola V710 any day now and it has a 1.2 megapixel camera and a memory card slot in it (Bluetooth too, which I use a lot). I'm waiting impatiently because I want to switch carriers and now I also want to get this phone when I do.

http://www.motorola.com/mdirect/hellomoto/experience/v710/flash/default.shtml
Man I've been waiting for a bluetooth phone from verizon for some time. I've got a bluetooth network at home, well it came with my systems so I've been itching for something to play with it.

Edit: What's with the dude in the white coate and pastel Tshirt on the motorola page? :D

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
babak said:
Man I've been waiting for a bluetooth phone from verizon for some time. I've got a bluetooth network at home, well it came with my systems so I've been itching for something to play with it.
I use a 12" powerbook with a Bluetooth wireless mouse and keyboard. I have a Bluetooth phone from ATT Wireless but I'm not happy with their service. Bluetooth in a camera phone is wonderful because you can send the pictures to your computer without paying the message fees.
It seems like I'm always waiting for the latest and greatest something...

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
NMRJock said:

It seems like I'm always waiting for the latest and greatest something...
It's a Macintosh thing, not to bash our Windows bretheren, but it appears that we always get the first crack at something uniquely wonderful, iPod, Newton, Airport, old computers converted to fishtanks!

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
babak said:
It's a Macintosh thing, not to bash our Windows bretheren, but it appears that we always get the first crack at something uniquely wonderful, iPod, Newton, Airport, old computers converted to fishtanks!
Actually, this PB is the first Mac I've ever owned. I would never have considered a Mac before OSX. Now I wouldn't buy a laptop without the glowing apple on the back. I still like my PC too. Oh, and the Sun is good for what we use it for. And the SGI supercomputer upstairs... Horses for courses.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I know what you mean, I love my 12" powerbook, the size is perfectly small yet fully functional, the way a laptop should be.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Bluetooth is over-hyped. I got the stupid Sony Ericsson T610 about a year ago so I could bluetooth into my computer at home and manage contacts et al. What a waste. Couldn't figure it out and haven't bothered using it. :(

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
transio said:
Bluetooth is over-hyped. I got the stupid Sony Ericsson T610 about a year ago so I could bluetooth into my computer at home and manage contacts et al. What a waste. Couldn't figure it out and haven't bothered using it. :(
I use bluetooth everyday. When I walk into the office in the morning, my computer 'sees' my phone coming within range and then unlocks the screen saver, unpauses my music, fires up email, and synchronizes my to-dos and my schedule. It does the reverse when I walk out of range. My Palm uses bluetooth to open a data connection through my phone so I can read email and browse the web while on the bus. When I get in my wife's car, the bluetooth speakerphone automatically swithches my cell phone to hands free mode. In our main conference room, I can use my cell phone to work as a remote for controlling Powerpoint presentations via bluetooth.

I think I need a sponsorship or something.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
andykeck said:
I use bluetooth everyday. When I walk into the office in the morning, my computer 'sees' my phone coming within range and then unlocks the screen saver, unpauses my music, fires up email, and synchronizes my to-dos and my schedule. It does the reverse when I walk out of range. My Palm uses bluetooth to open a data connection through my phone so I can read email and browse the web while on the bus. When I get in my wife's car, the bluetooth speakerphone automatically swithches my cell phone to hands free mode. In our main conference room, I can use my cell phone to work as a remote for controlling Powerpoint presentations via bluetooth.

I think I need a sponsorship or something.
Do you like the BT speakerphone? I am thinking of getting one when I get the V710 (NOT for the Lotus, I promise!).

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
NMRJock said:
Do you like the BT speakerphone? I am thinking of getting one when I get the V710 (NOT for the Lotus, I promise!).
Yeah, it's good. I like it better than the headset which I also have. People I'm talking to don't realize it's a speakerphone. Battery powered so no permanent install needed. It just clips on to the sunvisor or similar. I'm using it with a V600 which is very similar to the V710, but quad band GSM instead of CDMA.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
:)

Split off

·
Registered
167 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts