The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

I came across several threads on the forum regarding Bluetooth OBD2 adapters....but most of these adapters are only compatible with Androids only??? A friend just bought a bunch of these adaptors but they seem to fail to work with iPhones!!

Can someone help a brother out with finding a good, reliable, and hopefully a well priced Bluetooth OBD2 adaptor so I can use with an iPhone 5?

Thanks and will really appreciate it! ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
GoPoint BTI. $100 on amazon. Works like a charm with iPhone and DashCommand

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GoPoint BTI. $100 on amazon. Works like a charm with iPhone and DashCommand
Hi swing,

Dashcommand is the app? Is it true that obd2s offered for the iPhone mostly are wifi and not Bluetooth??? Thx!

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
the price you're going to pay to get it to work with an iphone, you're better off buying an android tablet or an old android phone and leaving it in the car. I have already been through this and its not worth it to get it to work with an apple product.

I have all apple products and would have loved to get it to work but i ended up buying a samsung tablet with Verizon 4G. Now I have a working OBD read out and internet, perfect for those long trips.

·
Registered
73 Posts
the price you're going to pay to get it to work with an iphone, you're better off buying an android tablet or an old android phone and leaving it in the car. I have already been through this and its not worth it to get it to work with an apple product.

I have all apple products and would have loved to get it to work but i ended up buying a samsung tablet with Verizon 4G. Now I have a working OBD read out and internet, perfect for those long trips.
Exactly, same for me too, I changed to Android from iphone because I want to use TorquePro :p

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
U know what's funny, a friend just told me the same thing that he abandoned his iPhone and switched to android just becox he wants to use torque pro lol, the power of perfectly marketing a single product HAHHAHAHAAHHAHAH

·
Registered
225 Posts
Dan @ Digital Guru has been rigging up orb2 readers to work with pioneer app radios. He as also been installing a 5 or 7in android tables in a pillar pod for all those crazy diesel monkeys with too much money up in oil country so they can clear codes and make custom gauge layouts right from a touch screen tablet mounted to the pillar. Dan's a lotus nut and is a good source for product and he always told me he gives free advice to lotus owners. His number is 218-643-8413 I don't know his lotus talk UN sorry

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I paid 15 bucks for mine on ebay....works with both....
No nessal, care to share what adaptor you got? For both iPhone and android? Do u have the eBay link? What iPhone app did u end up downloading/purchasing? Thanks can't wait!!! :D

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Yes let me dig up my ebay history. This was many years ago. I'll report back. Never had an issue with mine. In fact, I didnt even know there were application specific ones until this thread.

I use the app Torque with great success.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I tried to pull up the old auction but it is no longer showing. It's been a few years. But I took a screenshot of the details for you. Mine was not the one that you pictured. It is much bigger. It was actually $20 bucks.

Attachments

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I tried to pull up the old auction but it is no longer showing. It's been a few years. But I took a screenshot of the details for you. Mine was not the one that you pictured. It is much bigger. It was actually $20 bucks.
Hi nessel, which app u have? "Torque"? I can't seem to find it in App Store? Thankyou!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts