The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Elise
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for photos/suggestions of new radio head units to replace the radio in my 07 Lotus Elise. Would love to see what others have installed!

·
Super Moderator
2005 Lotus Elise
1,900 Posts
I did the follow up thread on the link above. I tried the Blaupunkt and the screen died when the warm weather came. The Dual is still working great 2 years later in the Florida heat. I might also mention that I tried to find Blaupunkt online and they were bought by a Chinese company and customer service was non-existent at the time. The Dual are still available.

New Dual Digital Media Receiver with Bluetooth save 2 lbs and costs $19

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,373 Posts
Yeah, a bunch of folks here bought the Blaupunkt Toronto and many of them had the screens crap out within a few months, myself included. Definitely avoid that one.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
To the OP, what features are you looking for?

I was looking for a dirt cheap HU (trustworthy brand) with Bluetooth and decent looks. I went with JVC KD-X270BT

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Elise
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
View attachment 1287822
Wireless car play and an actual volume knob. I love it

@Bingly and @KZ3 Great look for the car! How does it do in bright sunlight (top off) is it still easy to see?

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Elise
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To the OP, what features are you looking for?

I was looking for a dirt cheap HU (trustworthy brand) with Bluetooth and decent looks. I went with JVC KD-X270BT
@Kimgt my main goal is Bluetooth, secondary is to upgrade the look of the car. I like the clean look of your JVC!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I wasn't a big fan of single dins with screens in our cars only because they seem a bit too obtrusive but there is a really clean Joying 8.8" screen that I think has the right proportions to it. If I didn't already have back up cam with the AIM digital cluster, that would have been a great pick.

@Tumtatty Sick! I wanted this but it was more than my budget and way too far out on availability. How do you like it?

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,983 Posts
I wasn't a big fan of single dins with screens in our cars only because they seem a bit too obtrusive but there is a really clean Joying 8.8" screen that I think has the right proportions to it. If I didn't already have back up cam with the AIM digital cluster, that would have been a great pick.

@Tumtatty Sick! I wanted this but it was more than my budget and way too far out on availability. How do you like it?
Here is my install of that unit: Joying 8.8" Ultra-Wide Reciever

·
Registered
635 Posts
I assume the Joying takes a camera input? Only question is whether you can switch to camera output whilst moving

·
Registered
12 Posts
Used this in mine: BT works great, can use the USB to charge phone as well. Also the mini screen works with a rear view camera. Clean look.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
@MikeyP any photos of that bad boy in action? is it easy to use as a back up cam display?

Small gripe, but I wish that unit came with adjustable color illumination.

·
Registered
06 Exige
43 Posts
I ordered this Cont/VDO as I really wanted an OEM+ look. Should have it in hand next week and will get it installed when I get a chance.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts