The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Here’s what my install looks like. The usb cable is just for charging and plugs into head unit. The cradle works great for max size phone in a small case. The cradle will rotate 90 degrees.
The sub fits nicely behind the passenger seat and I used high strength Velcro to mount it to the rear panel.
6F10E99B-1BC4-42B9-BDFC-1A80B23CBDEE.jpeg
443754EC-3B44-44BA-9DE2-9C2912F2BCCA.jpeg

·
Registered
12 Posts
@MikeyP any photos of that bad boy in action? is it easy to use as a back up cam display?

Small gripe, but I wish that unit came with adjustable color illumination.
Small screen but great functionality here

Attachments

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Here's a screengrab from incar gopro - queuing up to an AutoX

The deck is a Sony XAV-AX5000.

YES it half covers the HVAC controls, but I find them still totally accessible.
NO - I didn't have to cut, or mod to make it work. It uses a single DIN

I ran the USB cables to the dash bag, and plug my phone in there when I want to use Android Auto.

same shot zoomed into the deck

·
Registered
2010 Elise (Storm Titanium Metallic)
45 Posts
I just purchased a Joying 7” and had it installed yesterday. I’ll post photos later, but it fits very well, doesn’t completely obstruct the HVAC controls, and seems to work really well even without using Android Auto or CarPlay (although it has both). I’ll be going on a road trip next month and it will be a good rest of the system.

·
Registered
2010 Elise (Storm Titanium Metallic)
45 Posts
I just purchased a Joying 7” and had it installed yesterday. I’ll post photos later, but it fits very well, doesn’t completely obstruct the HVAC controls, and seems to work really well even without using Android Auto or CarPlay (although it has both). I’ll be going on a road trip next month and it will be a good rest of the system.
Here’s a photo of what the unit looks like installed. I find the fit is perfect, even if the unit is a little buggy. It partially covers the AC controls, but I can still adjust them by feel.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Here’s a photo of what the unit looks like installed. I find the fit is perfect, even if the unit is a little buggy. It partially covers the AC controls, but I can still adjust them by feel.

View attachment 1292831
Looking good. I like all your alcantara touches.

Looks to cover about the same amount as my Sony.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts