The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
You guys are kidding, right? The paint job is to obscure the lines so that people won't know what the car looks like before they release it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes JK about the swirls, there was just a past thread with the spy shots of the v6 Exige with the same paint camo swirls. It was insinuated that Swizz was responsible for the paint job. Just making a funny :clap:

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
looks basically the same to me?! the only current bmw's i like (styling wise) is the 3 series coupe, the 6, and the z4. otherwise they look a bit like stubby pigs. (not a fan of the vertical snout face on the 5 at all.)

they are fantastic cars though!!

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Looks similar to E90, but can't wait to see it. supposed to be like a small 5 series. Still not thrilled about the turbo motor.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Very nice. I think the V6 turbo is going to have the power and better fuel economy than the E92 V8. Cant wait to test drive one. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
Hope they finally cut out about 300lbs of german blubber!!

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Very nice. I think the V6 turbo is going to have the power and better fuel economy than the E92 V8.
...yea, but not nearly as cool. the v8 is the car to have, what a beast!

Hope they finally cut out about 300lbs of german blubber!!
content per price, BMW are pretty light. my 3 series coupe is not much heavier than an Evora, (3,350 lbs) and actually per sq. inch of foot print, the BMW is lighter than an Evora :)

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Sound is intake or exhaust, sounds a little "low pitch" to be an exhaust unless at low RPM's. Either way nice to actually hear a normal car. Most of them are so dampened theres nothing to hear.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
You guys are kidding, right? The paint job is to obscure the lines so that people won't know what the car looks like before they release it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Are you sure?? I mean, c'mon, we've seen that design before on other cars!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
The V8 is cool and it's hand built by ex-F1 technicians, but the E30 M3 is the one to have. That engine's DNA has been around Monaco. :bow:
I have an E30 M3 race car with a 1998 E36 M3 drivetrain in it. Best chassis with a much more powerful and torquey engine. It's a beast! I'll actually be selling it soon. A fantastic track car, race ready, running on pump fuel with way too many sets of wheels and tires for about $20k.

·
likes to drive fast
1,127 Posts
Last good M3: E46 M3.

Have you seen an E9X on the track? It looks like a big boat trying to steer its course.

The V8 is cool and it's hand built by ex-F1 technicians, but the E30 M3 is the one to have. That engine's DNA has been around Monaco. :bow:
The E30 M3s and their golden years in DTM. Amazing car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts