The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First of all - the 'Abarth Model' was my avatar for a while. She's insanely hot. Dead sexy!

Sexy, I think this BMW is REALLY REALLY sharp. I love the use of the blue. When I see it, it makes me think of high end running shoes. That sounds strange, but in a good way.

To me, it's the best looking car BWM has put out in a long while. Although this concept was probably one of the sexiest things I saw at Pebble Beach last year (and keep in mind, there were Miuras, Bugattis, Tipo33 Stradales, 250GTOs, F40/50s, McL F1 and Bizarrinis).

As for price, whoa - had no idea. The coupe is supposed to be $300K, so that means probably $340K or so for the roadster. And a zero to 60 of 5.0? You are right, that is disappointing. I like it as say a $70K replacement for the Elise/Cayman, but at $300K plus you are playing with the 458s and McLarens. Don't know about that.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
i think (and i have been saying this for years) we are witnessing that electric drivetrains (albiet in hybrid role in these cases) will overcome IC drive. an electric motor(s) is a better engineering solution, when the halo cars (bmw, porsche, jag) are (partial or all) electric drive... its tells you where things will be in future.

these early cars will look ancient technically a few generations from now. i also think we will see an erosion of the ridiculous 0-60 and performance numbers in street cars. 0-60 in under 4 seconds and near 200mph capable cars is just stupid as an expectation. that trend is already happening where most manf. are starting to pull back from gaining performance and are looking to increase efficiency instead. that is going to sell better in time.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
ferrari and pinninfarina will do that for you, only a couple mil.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
No no no... I am talking about building it yourself. And not to replicate any car, but to make your own.

I have certain design cues I like more than others, and I do not like the thought of waiting 20 years for a car company to possibly come out with something similar.

·
Super Moderator
3,729 Posts
I like it, but $ 300K+ leaves plenty of choices out there. Did anyone notice the 22"ish wheels appeared to have 5" wide tires? Had a borderline 'donk' look about it.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The car is called the 328 Homage concept. Google it. It's 800x more awesome in person. The leather bonnet straps and the wheels are just pure sex

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
742 Posts
Murci meets M6, Not bad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts