The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright time to move on. This car is only a few months old. It is white on black with carbon fiber interior. Every conceivable option: sticker is 117k. In addition I blacked out the wheels, grills, and side vents and tinted the windows.

Currently about 2600 miles on it, 10k/year lease. It was originally a 30 month lease, there are 25 payments left. $1630/month including CA tax (1506 before tax). Straight lease take over, I don't need any cash adjustment. Just pay the $450 BMW Financial transfer fee.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Maybe that is, but I see it as 40K to rent a car...

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
whats the penalty for the cosmetic changes at end of lease?

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Maybe that is, but I see it as 40K to rent a car...

How is it different from financing the full price of the car? The bank owns it either way. Not you.

Who manages BMW's leases for them? If it's Chase, I hate to say it, but both parties are in for a nightmare...

BMW independently manages it.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
car is leased through BMW Financial. The assumption process is super easy, I've been on each side of it before.

No penalty for cosmetic changes as long as they're well done. Anything that makes the car look better is a positive for them. Remember, they have to resell the car after. If it worries you, you could always trade the wheels out for stock plus cash with another M6 owner in 2 years.

As for a 119k M6 cab for 1046 a month, I will have to respecfully call BS unless you're talking about an insanely long term. This was a 30 month lease of which there are 24 left.

As a comparison, you have dealers on here offering a $62k Exige for $999/month for 48 months!

·
Registered
891 Posts
As for a 119k M6 cab for 1046 a month, I will have to respecfully call BS unless you're talking about an insanely long term. This was a 30 month lease of which there are 24 left.
I'm not surprised that you call BS. Few people on here may know how I can do it. I work for BMW and the M6 cabrio is on the employee lease program. Basically I would lease the car at 9x,xxx and the residual and money factor work in my favor thus leaving me a 1046 payment with minimum drive offs and a 24 month lease. Currently, I have a 97k 750Li that I am leasing for 836 a month after tax for 24 months. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm not surprised that you call BS. Few people on here may know how I can do it. I work for BMW and the M6 cabrio is on the employee lease program. Basically I would lease the car at 9x,xxx and the residual and money factor work in my favor thus leaving me a 1046 payment with minimum drive offs and a 24 month lease. Currently, I have a 97k 750Li that I am leasing for 836 a month after tax for 24 months. :)
Then clearly you are not on a level playing field with the OP. So why post and deter potential buyers/leasers? :no:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
even with the "employee program" I don't buy that they will sell you a $117k car for 9x,xxx. That being said, none of us are BMW employees and I fail to see what the point of your post is.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Regardless, negative comments on advertised pricing are against forum rules. Bad karma I suppose - especially when it's BS.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts