The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm hot to get a R1200S and need to sell my baby, an '04 R1100S, first.

It is in absolutely perfect condition with less than 12K miles and almost new Michelin Pilot Road tires and all the best improvements. '04 is the first year of the two spark motor. It improves throttle response and eliminate the surging that some older models experience.

Additional pictures are posted here.

It has ABS and heated grips from the factory. BMW upgrades include system cases with both large and "city" lids, a wide rear wheel with a 180 tire, a BMW tank bag with rain cover, expander band and backpack straps, and engine guards.

Other major upgrades are front and rear Ohlins shocks (the best improvement ever!), a Staintune exhaust with inserts to adjust the"volume", HID headlight (not high beam though) and Wunderlich alloy oil filler cap.

If you've been looking, you'll know these are expensive but very worthwhile improvements. While $9,750 is not as low as some other R1100Ss out there, making the modifications to one as clean and with as few miles as mine would be even more expensive. Feel free to email any questions, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
782 Posts
Damn...timing is everything, and now is NOT the time (or so I'm telling myself).

Good luck - that's a very fair deal on a great ride...

WW

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your 2004 R1100s

Beautiful bike but I just bought one of these a month ago. I upgraded from my 99 R1100s black to a 04 R1100s Bumble. just curious what it was like to upgrade to the Ohlins. Did you ride the bike with stock shocks for awhile before upgrading? I am on the cusp of an upgrade and trying to determine if it is worth the money (subjective, I realize). I charge around roads in the mountains in northern Vermont.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts