The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I went to go check out the debut of the new X6 at the local BMW dealership. Decided to go to have a look at the new 1 series as well. They had a raffle and we(I took my mom because she has an X3 and is the reason we got the invite) won the grand prize in the raffle for a free 1 yr lease on a brand new BMW X6 xdrive35i....I didn't think random people really won these types of things but its pretty cool. We have 1 yr or 15k miles with the car then we just drop it back off.

I read some reviews of the car when it was first announced and didn't care so much for the looks but it definitely looks better in person and it is a very nice drive as well. The twin turbo 3L is a great match.

I have to admit I like the thing much more than I was expecting I would, being free doesn't hurt. Never driven a car with active steering and headlights and both were a bit strange to me at first. It handle MUCH better than expected as well.

some photos from today:

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
No way! Congrats! :clap: Drive it well.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Congradulations!

I stopped by our local dealer to look at one several weeks ago. I was amazed at how big it was.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Man, I should go buy a lottery ticket! Lotus owners seem to be lucky as of late :) (Finding a Porsche 356, winning a BMW X6...)

Congrats, that looks like one awesome SUV. The twin-turbo V8 one is :panic: I think the inline 6 is a better match.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya its pretty cool. Save miles on my truck...dont really get any worse or better mpg driving the BMW but its a lot nice and more fun than my Tundra.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Awesome, good for you! my mom is crazy for that thing since we saw it at the albany auto show. Just the mpg that ruins it these days. Let us know what you get when it breaks in a bit.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
quick question, sorry to burst your bubble, don't you think you have to pay tax on it? Nothing is free in Uncle Sam eyes. Like lets say if you win a car, you don't just get the car outright, you have to pay tax on the MSRP of the car.

That's how I understand it. Maybe I am wrong. Please enlighten me!! And as you can know, I never win anything in my life, so don't really know how it work.

Either way, congrats!!!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nope, no tax, we were afraid of that actually....Technically they do up the paperwork like it is owned by the dealer and just on loan to us to use.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
wow, that's great!!! big congrats!! I did get invited by local BMW dealer here, but I didn't go... I should've gone.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
That's great! congratulations.
I've seen this car on the hwy and don't like the design at all. The back end is very strange looking, but still has a good front looking presence and for $70k I think I'd explore other options.
Ejoy it though, I'm sure it has good bmw performance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts