The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Is there someone in Southern California you guys would recommend for paint and possibly body work on a 2005 Metallic BRG Elise?

The front right clamshell was scuffed by a Porsche. Took off the front right side reflector on the wheelwell and scraped the paint a bit. Maybe six square inches of scuff/surface damage. I had the clear coat plastic protector on the vehicle but it looks like it didn't keep the scuffs from getting to the fiberglass.

I use to have Newport lotus do service though I don't think they do body work. And the Newport website links to Orange County Rolls Royce. So would really appreciate any recommendations you might have.

I was inside the restaurant when it happened. Valet tried to find me but couldn't. He got the drivers info. Calling the other driver tomorrow morning. Super bummed. I think it will be trivial to fix but want a professional to confirm. My guess is the other driver will want to avoid insurance and just pay cash. This makes me a little nervousness because I want this corrected professionally and don't want to mess around with a Porsche owner negotiating in the background. I've had the car since 2005 and only out 9100 miles on it, so not afraid to baby it further. I'll find out more tomorrow.

Thanks for your time.

Steve

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's close between SCC and mulholland. But I think id go with SCC simply because my Lotus is there now and he is very helpful and will get it done quickly and work with you. Not saying the other place is bad but no one would give me a call back after I called 8 times. They are right on the same street as well, so you can maybe try and see who you think is the best choice.

·
Registered
972 Posts
+1 for Mulholland. Fantastic work and excellent to work with, I'd pay Julio a visit in person before going anywhere else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts