The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Does anyone have good body shop recommendations in SoCal?
Someone backed into my elise earlier tonight and there's a good amount of rear bodywork damage (clam, grill, diffuser) behind the passenger wheel area :(
The car is still drive-able, thankfully.

I'm going to have someone from my insurance co look at the damage on Monday. For now I'm trying to put together a list of places I can take the car to to get her patched up!

Thanks!

Edit:
Got Mulholand on my list!

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,458 Posts
European Motor Car Works Factory Authorized and Trained Repair Facility - specializing in Aston Martin, Jaguar, Lotus, Land Rover and Corvette

Kai the owner has a Lotus Esprit and is very knowledgeable about lotus. His facility is hands down the best in SoCal but be prepared to pay up for top notch work.
Sorry, I'd have to disagree wholeheartedly. Pricey, always late and poor quality IMHO. My Corvette was never the same and I'd never return there. I can provide more information on my experience and a friend's that were both very negative but choose not to do so publicly. I also have a few pics of their "expertise" that would make you cringe. Take it to PM if you'd like.

San

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sorry, I'd have to disagree wholeheartedly. Pricey, always late and poor quality IMHO. My Corvette was never the same and I'd never return there. I can provide more information on my experience and a friend's that were both very negative but choose not to do so publicly. I also have a few pics of their "expertise" that would make you cringe. Take it to PM if you'd like.

San
Would love to hear you experience, pm me. I have friends who have used them and their work has been always flawless. Actually I was there yesterday as I'm planning on having some small parts painted. Looked at the cars they were working on and I have nothing negative to say... Can I ask which body shop you use now?

·
7,458 Posts
Would love to hear you experience, pm me. I have friends who have used them and their work has been always flawless. Actually I was there yesterday as I'm planning on having some small parts painted. Looked at the cars they were working on and I have nothing negative to say... Can I ask which body shop you use now?
Rather than me typing a million characters (because it was really that bad), you can just call me. My friend's experience made mine look minor in comparision. 808-255-8591.

San

·
7,458 Posts

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Really? The previous owner of my car had them do some work and it ain't pretty. I never even considered them. I've had all my work done at Mulholland Motorsports, where the OP of the following thread finally got satisfaction. Julio basically donated his services to make her car right.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f93/i-wish-were-another-rave-scc-92005/

San
That thread is very very edited by the way. ;) And to be clear, I still own my car.

The follow up thread...
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f248/big-thank-you-mulholland-motorsports-98570/

·
7,458 Posts

·
Terry
2,189 Posts
Really? The previous owner of my car had them do some work and it ain't pretty. I never even considered them. I've had all my work done at Mulholland Motorsports
I find that people recommend shops they've never personally dealt with but have heard great things about. That very rarely works out in my experience.
I find that people dislike shops that they've never personally dealt with but heard bad things about. :shrug: i've seen some bad color matching mulholland did on an aspen white exige and a red elise, but i never tell people not to go there just because of one or two bad examples i saw. haters gonna hate lol

and i hope that statement is not toward me or lotuskid (Jun) I've been to SCC many times and have good results all the time. :D

·
7,458 Posts
I find that people dislike shops that they've never personally dealt with but heard bad things about. :shrug: i've seen some bad color matching mulholland did on an aspen white exige and a red elise, but i never tell people not to go there just because of one or two bad examples i saw. haters gonna hate lol

and i hope that statement is not toward me or lotuskid (Jun) I've been to SCC many times and have good results all the time. :D
I've never been to SCC, but the previous owner of my car had all his work done there and it's obvious I have problems that SCC didn't address properly. One look and you'll agree. We can take this to PM if needed.

I'm really picky and I don't have the time or patience to keep returning a car to a body shop so they can attempt to make it right. Mulholland Motorsports has taken care of me. Just my experience.

San

·
Terry
2,189 Posts
I've never been to SCC, but the previous owner of my car had all his work done there and it's obvious I have problems that SCC didn't address properly. One look and you'll agree. We can take this to PM if needed.

I'm really picky and I don't have the time or patience to keep returning a car to a body shop so they can attempt to make it right. Mulholland Motorsports has taken care of me. Just my experience.

San
so why did you buy that car? just curious. :)

·
7,458 Posts
so why did you buy that car? just curious. :)
The price was right, it had all the options I wanted and was clean. I didn't notice the problem area until later. Nobody that's ever looked at my car has noticed it either.

San

1 - 13 of 13 Posts