The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,
I have ordered a torque 300 tune from BOE two months back, still no response. Anyone else facing the same issue, Emailed and called with no real resolution. Anyone else waiting for their tune and knows why the hold up??

it is really sad, I would love to get the tune and finish my car. Appreciate your support to know the reason.

regards,
Jason

·
Registered
342 Posts
Darn. This is sad news to hear. I purchased their torque 300 tune on blackfriday, and they received my ECM yesterday. I really hope they don’t keep it for two months. They quoted me a 4 week turn around just today and I thought that seemed like a long time.

·
Administrator
12,015 Posts
I think mine was about five weeks a year ago but worth the wait! Phil just stays busy he called me at 930 on a Saturday night for questions while he was working on it.

·
Administrator
12,015 Posts
I bought a few items Thursday and got them Sunday. I was surprised figured it would be Monday at the earliest. As it gets closer to Christmas I bet all deliveries will start to slow across the board.

·
Registered
342 Posts
That’s good to hear I really do expect good things out of the tune. Heard and read lots of good things about Phil and his tunes. I bought the whole package to include pulley, ITG intake, tune, and 550cc injectors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope all gets sorted out, I bought the whole package also, pulley, ITG intake, tune, and 550cc injectors. All item received within two weeks but the tune is remaining.
am hoping I receive it before year end to finish the setup, heard they are the best when it comes to Lotus tune and mods. Thats why I bought from them with no hesitant, hoping they are fine and staying safe. With COVID-19 nowadays everyone is suffering from it

·
Registered
'10 Exige S260 Sport
717 Posts
I bought my Torque 300 tune last March. It took almost 9 weeks with zero communication.
I was also disappointed that in the box was of course my ECU, but two pieces of paper that really were purchase forms. There was nothing relating to the tune,
print outs of computer screens outlining the specs, anything that shows it was actually performed. Just felt hollow and for $850.00 there should be some sort on
paperwork in my humble opinion.

·
Administrator
12,015 Posts
Nope. All he's doing is downloading after filling in the variables according to your tune sheet. It doesn't go on a car until you install it. Purchase price is not just for the ecu download but to compensate for all the R&D that went into developing it. Niche market niche prices but once you install and it learns your car and you take your first drive you'll be happy.

·
Registered
'10 Exige S260 Sport
717 Posts
Nope. All he's doing is downloading after filling in the variables according to your tune sheet. It doesn't go on a car until you install it. Purchase price is not just for the ecu download but to compensate for all the R&D that went into developing it. Niche market niche prices but once you install and it learns your car and you take your first drive you'll be happy.
I get that and I fully understand the value of all of the R&D.

·
Administrator
12,015 Posts
I would appreciate if anyone has a contact with Phil, can call and drop a message. Just need to know when can I receive the tune.
Jason when you contact them are you going thru [email protected] and address to Ashley or Andrew? That will be your best bet as Phil will only usually contact you if he has a question and if you send email to Phil it's likely to never be answered as mine weren't. If you call 10-5 CST try not to call when they first get there or around lunch. I have always had good luck getting thru and getting answers for my questions. Another factor for you is that you're not in the US. When you shipped your ECU did you elect to get shipping notifications? Did it arrive there? Then once finished you can track it in case it gets caught up in customs. So the turn around times mentioned here are for US and you can add time for export.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jason when you contact them are you going thru [email protected] and address to Ashley or Andrew? That will be your best bet as Phil will only usually contact you if he has a question and if you send email to Phil it's likely to never be answered as mine weren't. If you call 10-5 CST try not to call when they first get there or around lunch. I have always had good luck getting thru and getting answers for my questions. Another factor for you is that you're not in the US. When you shipped your ECU did you elect to get shipping notifications? Did it arrive there? Then once finished you can track it in case it gets caught up in customs. So the turn around times mentioned here are for US and you can add time for export.
My point of contact was always Ashley due to the time zone difference I try to call them around 12 to 4pm with no luck. Regarding the ECU I ordered the tune only with cable. I will flash the tune, I received all the mods and cable and remaining is the tune and software.

·
Administrator
12,015 Posts
Ah ok you're one of the lucky ones that didn't have to send your ECU in and be down while waiting. I usually aim for 1100 or 1400 figuring that they might take long lunches and bug out early on Friday. The racing season is over so that shouldn't be a slow down for them. Good luck, be patient and give them another try today.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.