Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ya'll,

Here's the Brake Duct kit that so many have been after...

Props go to Brent for devining this particular layout.

We all know the Lotus suffers from over heated brakes. Many are boiling even the highest quality fluids. Also the heat wears through rotors and pads quicker.

With forced brake cooling you'll get extra life out of your pads, more range out of your brake fluid and caliper seals, and more consistant and harder stops with aggressive track pads (like ST-43s for instance:cool:). The backing plates help to seal the forced air to the rotor. We add ports up front and machine the hubs to fit with the backing plates.

The kit includes the machining of the hubs, AND I'll machine your next set of replacement hubs for free should you need to replace your machined hubs in the future (what can I say, I like to use machine tools:eek:).

We promise to get your hubs turned around in 48 hours or less and return ground shipping of the hubs is included in the price.

Installation instructions are on the downloads page of my site. Order info is here: BOEFabrication.com | Beyond Original Equipment

I welded up several of them over the weekend and should have them back from p-coater by Friday...

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Phil

Pics:

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, my billet center caps are not part of the kit... Just a little bling for the toybox wheels:D

·
Registered
853 Posts
Phil, Now that looks like a GTG or a one on one, in the making to me. What say you? Drop me a PM. Spring is moving in fast. Rob

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I never noticed any issues with the stock brakes on mine when i had it on the track the few weeknds that i took it out; the system functioned very well in its stock form for me, and i could outbrake anything that i was next to.

with the lotus being such a small lightweight car, so why does it suffer from brakes overheating?
just wondering

·
Registered
906 Posts
Phil,
You rock....I am just going to send my next car to you and let you have your way with her....and pay you too!!

·
Registered
592 Posts
I never noticed any issues with the stock brakes on mine when i had it on the track the few weeknds that i took it out; the system functioned very well in its stock form for me, and i could outbrake anything that i was next to.

with the lotus being such a small lightweight car, so why does it suffer from brakes overheating?
just wondering
The TVS and VF guys are pushing close to 300hp. Even though the Lotus is light weight, the added velocity is enough to cause issues with the stock two piston caliper. That is also the reason the Exige S has larger front brakes.

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Phil,
You rock....I am just going to send my next car to you and let you have your way with her....and pay you too!!
Thanks for the kind words:eek:

just wondering
Try going faster?:p I didn't find the braking problems until I started going very fast down the straights and running "real" brake pads like the ST-43s... FWIW- I do brake very late. My driving style is pretty easy on transmissions but very hard on brakes. That said, I think about anyone could benefit from cooler brakes. It's a light weight mod that's pretty cool (pun;))...

The TVS and VF guys are pushing close to 300hp. Even though the Lotus is light weight, the added velocity is enough to cause issues .......
Can't speak for the VF guys, but certainly true for the TVS guys. LOL. J/K:D:D The straight away speeds of these cars is up 10-20mph with some good whp in the car... It makes a difference...

Again that said, I'm sure pad and rotor life would be extended with better cooling. It is possible to be too cool, but that problem is a lot easier to solve than a pad running too hot;)

Cheers,

Phil

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya, I'm getting a lot of heat to do a group buy... Hmmmmm....

·
Registered
216 Posts
Paul ran his TVS equipped Elise at PBIR last Saturday.

The car ran great, the BOE brake ducts worked great.

It wasn't 100 degrees out but so far so good.
I was really pleased with the results of the brake duct kit. I was able to run faster/brake deeper then I could imagine without them!!! Simple clean install. A great upgrade!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.