The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a Rev300 which is an amazingly well thought out kit. Anyway, as I had the rear clam off and was waiting for some other parts to arrive, I kept looking at the intake hose feeding the CAI that came with the kit. I ended up making a quick mold out of foam and did a three ply layup of BID fiberglass cloth to form a scoop for the end of the hose. It may be hard to see in the photos but the scoop captures the air from the top to large fins and directs it into the induction tube. If you have not seen the fins from the rear, they are actually hollow so I was able to fit the fiberglass part inside of the gap so there are no unfinished edges. I did consider using carbon fiber for cosmetic reasons but realized that it would be nearly invisible once installed, so have decided to simply paint it black.

Just thought some of you might be interest to see it.

Here is the scoop with hose attached for test fitting...

View from the front

View from the rear

View from above showing hose attached to filter box.

Now I just need to clean the car up, put it back together and test drive it with my new supercharger! :clap:

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
enjoy the Rev!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I painted it black and installed it yesterday. It is all but invisible from the exterior, I am very happy with the results.

I cannot wait to get this back on the road, thought I might get it done last night but it looks like it will be another evenings work...dying to try out the REV.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Very nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.