The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 168 Posts

·
purveyor of lightness
4,080 Posts
Update: Slooooow progress.

They got all the white epoxy finish removed and applied two lightweight base filler coats to the front clam.

It still needs:
- Filler on rear
- Sanding/smoothing
- Final fit check/alignment
- Primer
- Paint
- Reassembly

One day it will be back on the road. Haven't driven it in over a year now :(

p.s. Headlights AND turn signals are going to be flush mounted WITHOUT gaps or rubber trim.

p.p.s. I reweighed the front clam when I was there - it's 0.2 lbs. more than it was when I dropped it off BUT that will drop again when they sand/smooth the filler ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wish I woulda had them do the flush mount headlight/turn signal work... :(

·
purveyor of lightness
4,080 Posts
Update this week - front clam is mounted and fits awesome!

Rear clam final finishing (including rear CF bandit mask) in progress...

Attachments

·
purveyor of lightness
4,080 Posts
Bandit mask update!

Looks like the "winglets" have been blended out as well :)

Progress is good!

Want it to look a lot like the last pic :)

Attachments

·
purveyor of lightness
4,080 Posts
Front is getting primer today!

Headlights and turn signals are blended flush with no trim rings :)

Deadline is August 4th... stay tuned!

Should weigh in at 1732 lbs. full, 1644 lbs. empty when I get her back! >:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
BOE CF front clam = 15.2 lbs. (stock is 27.2 lbs.)
BOE CF rear clam = 19.7 lbs. (stock is 36.3 lbs.)

Savings of 12.0 front + 16.6 rear = 28.6 lbs. :clap:
I love the fact you post weight differences for things... I SOOO wish the vendors would do this.

·
Sold my Exige S
930 Posts
@darkSol Thanks for the updates. Is that A/C still intact? The entire HVAC, 2 quarts of coolant (IIRC), plumbing, air handler, and the recirc pump are about 36 lbs. That's an easy delete while the clams are still off! DO IT! ;)

·
purveyor of lightness
4,080 Posts
We have primer in the front :)

Rear almost complete.

And the new color will be... Tesla's Midnight Silver Metallic with copious amounts of violet & blue pearl mixed in for color shifting... The new Evora GT430 make me think several times about staying with GG... It's so much more elegant - especially with all the CF bits.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Darksol,

I just stumbled across this thread...and love the color choice. It is similar to the Porsche Panamera graphite grey I was looking at...but I am not totally satisfied with the porsche color. Going to look into your Tesla color for sure.

Love to continue to see progress on this as you are going on. :)

·
purveyor of lightness
4,080 Posts
Thanks!

PMNG is the Tesla color code.

Pictures:

- PPG breakdown
- Will add a bunch of violet pearl
- And a twinge of blue pearl
- Difference between my stock GG and the CF side air intake...
- Finally the Midnight Silver Metallic (PMNG) will reduce that contrast so it doesn't stick out so much...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Man is that a good looking color...just a touch darker than the OEM Graphite grey, with a little more pop of silver in it. I think that is exactly what I am looking for.

Have you seen this color yet:
It is called:

"Mighty Car Mods Squid Juice" from House of Kolor:
https://static.carthrottle.com/workspace/uploads/posts/2015/08/3486fd58-054e-4af7-aba5-28283aebd4b6.jpg

I think the Tesla color is a touch darker actually...but I am not 100% positive.

I honestly am excited to see how your color comes out. Can you take some good close up photos of the car in the sun light and out of sunlight? I want to see how the color "morphs" based on lighting on the car.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,080 Posts
Man is that a good looking color...just a touch darker than the OEM Graphite grey, with a little more pop of silver in it. I think that is exactly what I am looking for.

Have you seen this color yet:
It is called:

"Mighty Car Mods Squid Juice" from House of Kolor:
https://static.carthrottle.com/workspace/uploads/posts/2015/08/3486fd58-054e-4af7-aba5-28283aebd4b6.jpg

I think the Tesla color is a touch darker actually...but I am not 100% positive.

I honestly am excited to see how your color comes out. Can you take some good close up photos of the car in the sun light and out of sunlight? I want to see how the color "morphs" based on lighting on the car.
Dude are you kidding? When this thing is done it will have an entire thread of it's own. :grin2:

Have. Not. Driven. Car. Since. Feb. 2016. :surprise:

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Dude are you kidding? When this thing is done it will have an entire thread of it's own. :grin2:

Have. Not. Driven. Car. Since. Feb. 2016. :surprise:
So glad to hear that...

If you want to hear sadder...I have you beat still. I have not driven my car since August of 2015. It has been torn apart in my garage since October 2015, as I am doing all the work myself, and it has JUST recieved a nearly finalized rear clam on the rear end. Motor was pulled 3 weeks ago and hope to put everything back together by spring...repaint next August after all mechanical has been ironed out/finalized. :D

So I will be a bit envious of your finished product to my far from done product when you get yours back. ;) :bow:

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

So excited for you!!! I am excited to see what it looks like when it is finished as well. :D

So what is the estimated weight of the vehicle after all is back on the car now? I know you have made a huge push to try and get lighter and lighter...wondering what the estimated final weight of the car will be.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,080 Posts
So what is the estimated weight of the vehicle after all is back on the car now?
1644 lbs. (746 kg) : Empty (no gas, no top)
1732 lbs. (785 kg) : Full gas (full gas {14.25 gal}, no top)
1746 lbs. (792 kg) : +Poly Hardtop
1926 lbs. (873 kg) : +Driver + Clothes/Shoes (180 lbs. once I get back on my plan)
1862 lbs. (844 kg) : Drag Setup (-3/4 tank fuel, +helmet)

Considering stock 2005 LSS, non-touring Elise weighs in FULL at 1950 lbs. and the hardtop weighs 26 lbs... that's 1976 lbs. (896 kg).

My goal was to double the horsepower and take 100kg off WITH hardtop = 1755 lbs. (796kg). I've done that (if my calculations are correct) :)

Still have to add RevX, uprights and T45 wishbones but that's another chapter in the story...

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
1644 lbs. (746 kg) : Empty (no gas, no top)
1732 lbs. (785 kg) : Full gas (full gas {14.25 gal}, no top)
1746 lbs. (792 kg) : +Poly Hardtop
1926 lbs. (873 kg) : +Driver + Clothes/Shoes (180 lbs. once I get back on my plan)
1862 lbs. (844 kg) : Drag Setup (-3/4 tank fuel, +helmet)

Considering stock 2005 LSS, non-touring Elise weighs in FULL at 1950 lbs. and the hardtop weighs 26 lbs... that's 1976 lbs. (896 kg).

My goal was to double the horsepower and take 100kg off WITH hardtop = 1755 lbs. (796kg). I've done that (if my calculations are correct) :)

Still have to add RevX, uprights and T45 wishbones but that's another chapter in the story...
Nice work!!!

What did you do about suspension...or is it still OEM?

21 - 40 of 168 Posts