The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 168 Posts

·
purveyor of lightness
4,060 Posts

·
purveyor of lightness
4,060 Posts
...and HERE's the stock Midnight Silver Metallic color with all the pearls mixed in...
...and the CF bandit mask...
...and pre-prep for body parts...
...getting close! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
...and HERE's the stock Midnight Silver Metallic color BEFORE the violet pearl goes in...
...and the CF bandit mask...
...and pre-prep for body parts...
...getting close! :)
THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!!

Just get on with it Man!!!

·
purveyor of lightness
4,060 Posts
Ok they shot everything except the clams today... and it still needs clear coat... but I HAD TO SHARE this AWESOME color!!!

Won't be long now :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I REALLY like that color...and that doesn't have your Pearl mixed into yet does it? From what I recall/know Pearl is mixed into the clearcoat.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,060 Posts
I REALLY like that color...and that doesn't have your Pearl mixed into yet does it? From what I recall/know Pearl is mixed into the clearcoat.
Nope - just talked to them - pearl is mixed into the basecoat... and they just shot "plain" clear coat over it early this morning...

Here's a first (closeup) shot of what the final color will look like.... (in slightly darker lighting)...

There's a whole bunch of stuff going on in there... :)

Attachments

·
He's on fire!
3,082 Posts
I didn't find it in the thread, but darkSol, do you mind sharing the ballpark painting costs? Is it in the $10k-$15k range?

·
purveyor of lightness
4,060 Posts
I didn't find it in the thread, but darkSol, do you mind sharing the ballpark painting costs? Is it in the $10k-$15k range?
I'll let you know in a couple of weeks when I pick up the car.

@ERDoc74 had the same clams installed on his car (widebody though). His work cost $8300 and he waited 176 days (Mar 23 -Sep 15 2016)... (click HERE for pics)

After Mike's car was finished I saw the quality of the work and I knew that the shop could do the same for my car...

I thought that:

- The shop learned their way around an Elise now and it's fresh in their mind. Lots of fasteners and tricks!
- My mods (flush headlights/signals and exposed rear CF bandit mask) should be roughly equivalent to the extra work/pieces involved in Mike's widebody kit.
- It should be a shorter or similar timespan. They said 2-3 months right before I dropped the car off.
- It should be ultimately be cheaper!

Unfortunately it's been 11 months as of two days ago... will keep all of you in the loop.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,060 Posts
Clear coated pictures. Still needs polishing. Clams still need to be painted.

OMG it's a darker, more evil Graphite Gray. :DV:

That's the SAME access panel in the last two pictures - just the angle and amount of light being applied... the violet pearl is more metallic and darker than stock GG...

It matches against the carbon fiber PERFECTLY! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
David you are torturing me...I am dying to see what the car looks like finished at this point!!! :wallbang:

And that rear bandit mask will be very subtle. I think it will be awesome.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,060 Posts
Clams are FINALLY being base coated, colored, and cleared today!

I had to press my iPhone against a 1/4" peek hole in the side of the paint booth for this shot!

Oh, here's another teaser color shot to antagonize @Giantmcm :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
DUDE!!! You are killing me SMALLS!!!

You know you are dying to see that car in the sunlight/moonlight JUST as much as I am. :D

I love the keyhole shot by the way, it gives it a sweet frame. :D

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
It looks amazing!!! I am in Love with that color.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,060 Posts
More from 40 minutes ago...

Attachments

41 - 60 of 168 Posts