The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: Noxx has agreed to a full refund. I will keep you guys informed of the situation.

Purchased half of an advertised BOE clam hinge kit from a fellow board member. I received clam hinges that aren't spring loaded, bolts in the hinge are backwerds, the clam plates aren't adonized black, no velcroe strips, and bolts that don't match up with the frame. I'm having trouble getting ahold of BOE or the forum member.

Anyone help me out here. If I'm at fault I'll be the first to apologize, but I think I just got taken to the cleaners :-(

·
Registered
341 Posts
ya I almost bought that from Noxx.. it sounded SUPER fishy and I wasn't satisfied with his PM/email answers to my questions so I passed on the seemingly good $400 deal.

sorry to hear you got hosed. glad to know my intuitions were right and I did not!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Wow...I was bummed I missed out on that deal as well..... bummed until I opened this thread. Sorry to hear....nothing worse then a box of miss-matched stuff. IF you can get in touch with the seller, maybe return it and go with a new kit from BOE?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I would keep trying to contact the seller and DEMAND a refund if the whole deal wasn't disclosed. If he doesn't man up and make it right I would make a post and/or notify the moderators (of course thats assuming he told you the kit had everything except the battery relocation stuff, which is what he told me)

Otherwise I'd contact Phil and tell him you got hosed and are looking for a few parts.. hopefully he will understand. Shouldn't be too hard for him to send you a few parts if he is willing.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I talked to Phil and told him the situation. Phil said he may consider separating out a kit for me... Just got to wait and see. Its ashame things like this happen in the Lotus community. Noxx told me he was going with his own homemade kit, which is why he was selling the BOE kit, and now I'm 100% sure he sent me his homemade version with mismatched bolts, hinges that hit the frame due to improper nut heads, no Velcro strips, and non spring loaded hinges. I filed a claim through PayPal...just have to see what happens.

Funny how Noxx replied to my pm's when purchasing the kit, yet now is nowhere to be found. He can still make this right if he can respond to his side of the story.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Ya exactly.. you might expect it more on a honda forum with teenie bops, but not here. There is no place for that type of business here.

We may be jumping to conclusions (and if I'm wrong I apologize in advance), but the facts seem pretty clear...

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thank you guys for the support. Definitely not something you should see on a lotus forum. What really blows is I'm having to save all my pennies for a my rebuild, working overtime at the job, even selling my beloved bike to pay for parts, now this happens. Already removed my rear clam hinge too :-/ At least I got a cool video of me removing the rear clam if any good came from this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts