The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wanted to know if anyone has used this brace with a dual rear exhaust setup and if it cleared the exhaust or had to be trimmed. Specifically the Signature exhaust from British Racing Group. A pic would be awesome. I did a pretty extensive search but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks
Corvus

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I have the BoE diffuser brace that came with the clam hinge set. I am running the dual euro style rear exhaust setup from 2bular. I did have to trim up the diffuser brace to make it fit. Although it fit through without trimming it was so close that is hit and rattled the whole time.

Don't know if this helps but even with the stock diffuser I cut the bottom brackets down to get it to work the way I wanted

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just what I was looking for. Thanks for the info and pic. Do you mind giving me a measurement of center of tip to center of tip for the exhaust so I can see if it matches up to my setup?

Thanks
Corvus

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Just what I was looking for. Thanks for the info and pic. Do you mind giving me a measurement of center of tip to center of tip for the exhaust so I can see if it matches up to my setup?

Thanks
Corvus
Sure, i will get that tonight and post it for you

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Here's a larger pic, this might help:

The BOE brace was a nice solution for our difflow FLAT diffuser, so people could use their tilting clam hinge kit with the diffuser.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I carefully ground mind down in several areas, then the dang exhaust shifted. It still contacts every once in a while, but I can't tell, there is so much other noise ;) And I have the same exhaust as you from the UK Corvus :)

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Mine measure right at 30in from center of tip to center of tip across

Thanks
Corvus

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. That's why I love this community. Makes my decision easy. Time to buy!

Thanks
Corvus

1 - 8 of 8 Posts