The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am getting a P0455 which is for the Evap not getting flow. I hear the solenoid come on when I'm at idle and immediatly shut off as soon as I apply any throttle.

I did the charcoal canister delete as layed out in BOE's instructions. My question has to do with the hose connections of the smaller solenoid. I have the one hose going to the throttle body for vacuum. But the other end, as circled in the diagram has no hose connected to it. This seems to be how the routing is described in the instructions.

Both solenoids are hooked up to the harnesses. And the big one has the plastic hard hose connected to the rubber going into it. And the other end is unused as normal.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
hey West - don't know if this helps - but BOE did my cannister delete also during the build and sent me back my original parts in a few boxes... this is one of many hoses in the box - looks deleted to me but i don't know if it applies to your build. I know Phil turned off the "evap reporting" in my stock fed ecu as part of the "Koldfire 335 stock cat/mani" tune - no more evap codes, cel's for gas cap off etc...if you want i can go see if i have more of the evap loop hoses in my parts box..I have a feeling i would be getting those codes also if Phil had not disabled the reporting in the ECU. I'm thinking/guessing that signal also triggers your solenoid???

Attachments

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I guess the one thing you did differently than the instructions is that you've left the small valve attached to a vacuum source.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you remove the whole thing but leave the two connectors connected to whatever they're connected to, you won't get the code. One is on the solenoid I believe and the other is on the smaller canister. Other than that, the big square box can be removed as well as the hoses.

Honestly though, removing the EVAP serves no real purpose and if vapors come out the remaining hose (which is connected to the fuel tank), with the system, you won't smell it inside your car. I had removed it during some install I did recently but I've put it back since the weight reduction is minimal.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
think mine was pulled to make space for the battery relocation, but not 100 % sure about that.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Have you tried asking Phil how this is supposed to work?

·
Toys Performance
933 Posts
Problem

I had the same problem and only a tune that allowed for it cured the problem. Somehow, the car is able to detect a problem with the system. I think it is able to recognize that there is no vacuum in the cyling of the valve and that throws a code.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Phil's tune turned off my evap system via the ecu. I'm pretty sure that's the deal as no more "gas cap missing" cel/ codes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts