The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had trouble getting info or any communication at all from BOE? I have tried for almost a week to get some quick, basic info on a stage 1 tune and a CAI for my Evora S. I hear good things about their products so this has been a little off putting so far. Any other ideas on a better way to reach out to BOE?? I did send a communication message to Turbophil from this site as I saw him respond to posts concerning tune release dates. I do not want this to become a negative posting, just looking for advice on a better way to get some info about this tune as it is fairly new to release.

·
Addict
1,280 Posts
Have you called and emailed them? I know it can take a bit to receive responses from them from time to time but you will eventually reach them, keep trying. I recently placed an order and my items shipped the same day, nothing to the extent of a tune but I had my order within a few days of placing it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you called and emailed them? I know it can take a bit to receive responses from them from time to time but you will eventually reach them, keep trying. I recently placed an order and my items shipped the same day, nothing to the extent of a tune but I had my order within a few days of placing it.
3 phone calls, 3 messages and 1 was with an employee
I don’t know what to think
I don’t feel comfortable spending a couple of grand if I don’t feel like I’m going to get any communication. I’ll keep trying but I know from research there are a few other vendors out there that I have been counseled about and I was really surprised by this experience so far but maybe they’re just crazy busy

·
Premium Member
11,497 Posts
I think Phil may have a one year old. Andrew and Phil were both a pleasure to deal with, but the former will answer more readily.

g

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Whenever I need info from Boe, I call Ashley in the office, and she will put me thru to Andrew, who has always been able to help me out with my questions. Phil can be tough to get hold of, I have actually never spoken with him, but we have had email conversations.
You are in really good hands with this company, their products are top notch, and shipping is always prompt.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I spoke to Phil on the phone a hand full of times. For the most part I just order and I'm done. I don't worry about chatting with people to order things. If I get scammed I just call the CC Co and put them to work.

I only spoke to Phil when we were going over the tvs1900

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good info, thanks and I will call and email them again tomorrow
The one time someone answered I think it was Ashley and she was supposed to give Andrew a message to check the email and or call me so I don’t know what happened

·
Registered
328 Posts
Monkey Wrench Racing has been really good for me. Great communication, really fast shipping. Answered questions and shipped parts out over the break when they said they would be closed.
They have BOE CAI on their site but I dont know if they stock them themselves or order through BOE.

·
Vendor
1,214 Posts
They are a busy bunch! Dont be deterred, their products and knowledge on these cars is top notch, thats why we sell them also.
That said we are happy to try to answer any questions we can as well. We have experience with some of the tunes and all of the products.

·
Maniacal Motorist
59 Posts
I recently purchased their chargecooler kit. The only info I got was from John Z, and the PDF follows the install for a NA car. I had some questions about differences and slightly vague instructions. I emailed twice and called twice. No responses yet. Still looking for an update on my headers order (getting a Swain tech coating, so perhaps a third party delay). Also need to get my tune file.

A bit put-off by their lack of responsiveness, particularly after such a large purchase. I’m at a juncture in the project where I need the relevant documentation to clarify. The kit IS beautiful and well thought-out and engineered!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More great info. Thank you everyone
I am a new Lotus owner of only a year but we love our car and I am new to dealing with tune shops. I own 2 restaurants so maybe my idea of service is a bit too high. Our business is a dog eat dog environment so we can’t afford to let up or our customers will go elsewhere quickly

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again for the advice gentlemen I think I will go ahead and call Greg’s to see if I can get the CAI on the way and hopefully I can get someone at BOE to discuss the stage one tune
I really do not want to go down the rabbit hole too far with mods to my car as I am not a street racer or a track guy

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
More great info. Thank you everyone
I am a new Lotus owner of only a year but we love our car and I am new to dealing with tune shops. I own 2 restaurants so maybe my idea of service is a bit too high. Our business is a dog eat dog environment so we can’t afford to let up or our customers will go elsewhere quickly
Probably worth mentioning that these are niche market 'toy' cars on the edge of usability (and commercial viability). There aren't a lot of people who make a full-time living supporting them in the aftermarket. It frankly surprises me that the support pool is as deep as it is...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Probably worth mentioning that these are niche market 'toy' cars on the edge of usability (and commercial viability). There aren't a lot of people who make a full-time living supporting them in the aftermarket. It frankly surprises me that the support pool is as deep as it is...
maybe i mistakenly assume all of these shops are full time businesses

·
Registered
245 Posts
Getting replies from email can sometimes be frustrating but all my calls have been answered or returned. Ashley and Andrew are who you'll deal with primarily. Phil has called me at 930pm on a Saturday night to get clarification on tune but other than that Andrew answers all tech questions. I would suggest googling your question first and make sure that question hasn't been answered on LT in the past and also check their tech and support page and install instruction on that page I have answered many of my questions that way.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I recently purchased their chargecooler kit. The only info I got was from John Z, and the PDF follows the install for a NA car. I had some questions about differences and slightly vague instructions. I emailed twice and called twice. No responses yet. Still looking for an update on my headers order (getting a Swain tech coating, so perhaps a third party delay). Also need to get my tune file.

A bit put-off by their lack of responsiveness, particularly after such a large purchase. I’m at a juncture in the project where I need the relevant documentation to clarify. The kit IS beautiful and well thought-out and engineered!
Hey Bizjet Guy the Swaintech coating is a 3-6 week wait depending on their backlog but definitely worth it so be sure to factor that and transport there and back into your wait.

·
Illegal Alien
4,695 Posts
maybe i mistakenly assume all of these shops are full time businesses
Phil and Andrew are business partners of this full time business dedicated to the Toyota based Lotus'. Andrew handles day to day business operations of the sales and service while Phil puts in his skills and financial resources working through the night tuning and developing new hardware. I will tell you that if you send the your car for modification they are a dedicated group providing platinum service and will keep a communication line open with nightly texts or phone calls.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
after speaking with greg's racing I need to think about which stage I want to do. I would like to get close to 400 hp and my plan was not going to get there. I did order the CAI which i will need regardless of the stage so it gives me a little more time to think it through. thanks GRP

it will be interesting to see if I notice any gains at all with the CAI and Plak exhaust. Im guessing probably not.

·
Maniacal Motorist
59 Posts
Hey Bizjet Guy the Swaintech coating is a 3-6 week wait depending on their backlog but definitely worth it so be sure to factor that and transport there and back into your wait.
It's all good. I'm already about three or four weeks in already. Hopefully not too long now. Hoping to get my tune file in the near future! That's the real showstopper at the moment.

If the tune assumes I have the headers installed, but I don't yet have them, do you think the car would still be drivable? It would be a rich condition, but I miss my car and want to drive it! It's been under the knife for a while.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts