The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the midst of installing a bunch of stuff on my 2006 Elise, namely a rev400 kit and BOE's fuel surge kit but just ran into a little roadblock.

So far I have removed the clam and all of the intake components and figured it would be a good time to install the surge tank while everything is out of the way. I am stuck at the placement of the fuel return T fitting at the filler neck. This part specifically in the instructions:

d. Now, with the filler neck out of the way, hold the fuel return tee in the car next to the filler hose and determine where you’ll be able to place in the hose so that the tee points in a direction and height that is a clear path for the fuel return line to come from the left hand side of the car where the surge tank will mount
Because everything is removed right now and I am not sure what the finished supercharger install will look like, I have no clue how high or low the return T needs to be, or at what clocking. Can someone who has a rev TVS supercharger setup give me some advice on the placement or even a picture? I don't want the line to interfere with any of the new supercharger components. If its too high or low Im guessing it would be a nightmare to change after the fact.

My install will be by the book to BOE's instructions, so the fuel line is not going to be taking any unusual routes. or have unusual obstacles.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank for the picture darkSol. I just kinda went for it. Ended up with ~1/4 inch gap in the original fuel line pushing the filler up a little but it seems like it allows quite a bit of movement in all directions so I think it will be fine. One thing I noticed, in your picture you have a 90* line on the return but in the latest surge tank instructions from BOE they have you use a straight connector. I guess I'll have to mount the alternator to conform everything will be okay. Here are some pictures of my return. Not very pretty compared to the pictures in the BOE instructions lol.

I ran into another hold up with the surge tank install this time around the wiring portion and I am hoping someone can shed some light on how its supposed to be set up. In the kit, there is wire with a pin that isn't connected to a deutsch connector. I'm not sure where this pin goes and the instructions don't really call it out explicitly. In the instructions there is one step that says to ensure pin 1 on the deutsch connector is ground. Does this mean the unconnected pin would go in the spot labelled "A" on the provided loose 3 pin deutsch connector? I was also curious if the white plastic plugs be inserted into any unused spots on that same connector.

This is how I am guessing its supposed to go. Look right?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Following up on this, after reviewing the rev400 install docs along with the surge tank install doc, I realized this pin can go anywhere in the 3 pin deutsch connector. BOE also confirmed this. In my case I will have one pin for the surge tank and another for the rev400's circulation pump, leaving one unused connection which I will block off with one of the provided plastic pins.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went to button up everything for the surge tank and ran into what will hopefully be my last holdup on the install. The high pressure line that comes off the surge tank and goes to the FPR uses a hose that has two 90* fitting. The best way to route it seems to have it stick up in the air, and will likely hit the clam when that goes back on. Is this really how its supposed to be? It seems like that hose should be a 90* at the tank and a straight connection to the FPR.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Here are a couple of shots of how I routed my fuel lines. It’s important to have everything timed correctly, or it will interfere with the clam. I have the hinge, so it’s easy to check if anything touches, then open the clam and adjust, which I had to do a couple of times. 😄

Reactions: savagete2860

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice thank you for the pictures! That definitely helps and I can plan to route all of my lines similar to yours. If you still have the clam lifted up and don't mind, would you be able to take a quick picture of how you have the high pressure line from the tank to the FPR connected at the FPR? I wasn't able to push the line down like in your picture and can't see a way of doing it without something else pushing it down or interfering with the coolant expansion tank. Maybe I'm just being overly cautious and a little contact with the coolant expansion tank isn't a big deal.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Nice thank you for the pictures! That definitely helps and I can plan to route all of my lines similar to yours. If you still have the clam lifted up and don't mind, would you be able to take a quick picture of how you have the high pressure line from the tank to the FPR connected at the FPR? I wasn't able to push the line down like in your picture and can't see a way of doing it without something else pushing it down or interfering with the coolant expansion tank. Maybe I'm just being overly cautious and a little contact with the coolant expansion tank isn't a big deal.
No problem. My clam is not open, but I think this picture will give you a good idea.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a ton thats exactly what I was looking for. I am starting to think my hose is just crimped wrong. Just went to the garage to try and replicate what you have sent and I can get all of the lines identical aside from the tank to FPR line. I can force it to connect but it really binds up so that's a no go.

If the connector was rotated 180 degrees I think it would go on just like your picture. I have an email out to BOE so hopefully they can point me in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Have you tried to switch the hose around, i.e. the end on the Surge tank, move it to the FPR.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
(y)

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
When you mount the header tank for the Intercooler, it is my understanding that you also have to move the FPR, haven't done it myself, but going by pictures I have seen.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When you mount the header tank for the Intercooler, it is my understanding that you also have to move the FPR, haven't done it myself, but going by pictures I have seen.
Yeah looked a little further down in the rev400 instructions and the swirl pot will indeed move the FPR, just like in darkSol's last photos. The swirl pot comes with the required bracket attached so it should just be a matter of re-routing the hoses again. Now that I know what I am doing it shouldn't be a big deal at all though.

Thank you darkSol and CRG53 you helped me a ton!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts