The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing if there is any value in switching from S111 to BOE two piece rotors.

I'm not able to find the disk/rotor replacement costs on the BOE set as it's not listed on the site.

Does anyone know?

Thanks

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No one cares what the long term cost of ownership for these rotors is?

Interesting...

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you ask Brembo and AP Racing, the mounting hardware is single use only, must be replaced. And many race teams will not re-use an aluminum hat either, since they often have the bolt holes stretched. However The rotors should definitely be available separately.
Yea, I'm aware of the hardware re-use, as in not to.

Point is, no one knows the cost of new rotors and hardware (and sector's ship with new hardware).

This is the second thread I've posted this question to, as well as emailing BOE directly.

Guess I'm sticking with Sector's ultraDisks, it's pointless to switch if BOE's "refresh pack" is $100 per corner more than sectors...

·
Registered
502 Posts
I send a message to BOE since I was wondering the same thing and they said "the rebuild price is roughly $400 with rotors and new jet nuts. Id have to get by the computer to get more accurate than that but they can be purchased w/o the hats."

So thats a bit less than the Sector 111 discs if they both get the same amount of life.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Seeing if there is any value in switching from S111 to BOE two piece rotors.

I'm not able to find the disk/rotor replacement costs on the BOE set as it's not listed on the site.

Does anyone know?

Thanks
Have you worn out the S111 rotors? Just asking because everything I've heard about the GiroDisc rotors is that they last forever.

San

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you worn out the S111 rotors? Just asking because everything I've heard about the GiroDisc rotors is that they last forever.

San
I go through a set of fronts every two years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts